University of Nevada, Reno. Alumni Association
Found in 10 Collections and/or Records:
The University of Nevada Alumni Association was organized in 1894 to work for the advancement of the University, to encourage and support the interests of the students...and also that "old times may not be forgot." The first president of the Alumni Association was Frank H. Norcross. One bound volume containing the original constitution and bylaws of the Alumni Association, as well as the earliest minutes, June 1894 to October 1926.
The University of Nevada Alumni Association was organized in 1894/95 and encourages the relationship between the university and its alumni to promote the welfare of the institution. The Association's activities include regional chapters, support for student activities, and alumni continuing education. The collection includes minutes and correspondence of the Alumni Council and Executive Committee, various alumni committees, homecoming programs and reunions.
Papers from Larry Struve's time as a member of the University of Nevada Alumni Association governing board from 1970-1980, including his year as president of the Association in 1973-1974 and the campaign to restore Morrill Hall, which was successfully completed in 1978.
Dr. Stephen C. McFarlane served as interim President of the University of Nevada, Reno from the time of President Joseph Crowley's retirement in 2000 through June 2001. The collection includes records created during the teunure of Interim President McFarlane.
The Nevada Alumni Council is comprised of 27 alumni volunteers, the Associated Students of the University of Nevada President, the Graduate Student Association President, the Athletics Director (ex officio) and Chairman of the Foundation Board of Trustees or his/her representative (ex officio). Collection consist of audiocassette recordings of meetings of the Alumni Council, the Alumni Executive Committee, committee retreats, and miscellaneous meetings.
- Universities and colleges -- Nevada -- Reno -- Administration 4
- Universities and colleges -- Alumni and alumnae 3
- Universities and colleges -- Nevada 2
- Universities and colleges -- Social aspects -- Nevada -- Reno 2
- Academic libraries -- Nevada -- Reno 1
- Athletics -- Nevada 1
- College sports -- Nevada 1
- College students -- Nevada 1
- Higher education and state -- Nevada 1
- Lobbying -- Law and legislation -- Nevada 1
- National Collegiate Athletic Association 1
- Pharmacy -- Study and teaching -- Nevada 1
- Teachers -- Training of -- Nevada 1
- Truckee River (Calif. and Nev.) -- Water diversion 1
- Universities and colleges -- Nevada -- Reno -- Faculty 1
- Washoe County (Nev.) 1 ∧ less