University of Nevada, Reno. Library
Found in 9 Collections and/or Records:
The Friends of the University Library was established as a permanent organization in 1953 in order to support and assist the University of Nevada, Reno Libraries in enhancing the collection ans services offered by the Libraries. The collection include administrative information, meeting minutes, and events material concerning the organization's fund raising events, programming, sponsored projects, and other activities.
The Getchell Library building served as the third home for the University of Nevada, Reno's main library from 1961 until 2008. It was demolished in December 2013 to make room for the new Pennington Student Achievement Center. The collection contains materials relating to the history of the building, including specifications, remodel information, and cornerstone dedication. Additionally, the time capsule from the demolition of the building is also included.
Linda Newman was the Maps Librarian for the University of Nevada, Reno Libraries, overseeing the move of the Mines & Maps Library from Getchell Library into the DeLaMare Library in the 1990s. The Linda Newman Collection includes curricular material, maps, records for the Mines and Map Libraries, donor information, Mackay Centennial material, and U.S.G.S. material.
The University Libraries Artifact Collection consists of three-dimensional items relevant to library operations or history. Included is a cloth book jacket for "Fire from Heaven" that was created by a student worker.