University of Nevada, Reno
Found in 24 Collections and/or Records:
Paul S. Adamian was a professor of English who joined the University of Nevada faculty as a lecturer in 1966, became an assistant professor in 1968, and was granted tenure in the 1969/70 school year. The collection includes general correspondence, copies of legal records, ephemera, and newspaper clippings, 1970-1979, and materials regarding his teaching appointment at Southern Oregon College prior to becoming faculty at the University of Nevada, 1965-1966.
The Administrative Manual contains established University policy and is intended to serve in understanding and implementing university policies, identifying responsibilities, and providing guidelines in the performance of specific tasks. Proposed policy and procedure revisions to the Administrative Manual that are approved by the Faculty Senate, Provost, and President are distributed to the University community.
The University of Nevada Alumni Association was organized in 1894/95 and encourages the relationship between the university and its alumni to promote the welfare of the institution. The Association's activities include regional chapters, support for student activities, and alumni continuing education. The collection includes minutes and correspondence of the Alumni Council and Executive Committee, various alumni committees, homecoming programs and reunions.
This is an artificial collection created and updated by the University Archivist from multiple sources. The Biographical Files of the University Archives include faculty, staff, administrators, alumni, and benefactors. Material available varies with each person, but can include: biographical sketches, obituaries, data sheets, newspaper clippings, press releases, curriculum vitae, and miscellaneous biographical information.
The Board of Regents was established by the Nevada State Constitution in 1864 with the first Board created in 1865. The Board is responsible for the governance of the institutions comprising the Nevada System of Higher Education. Records consist of agendas, minutes, and materials submitted during Board meetings and used by the secretary of the Board to prepare the final minutes, including Nevada System of Higher Education budget reports.
Mary Sue Ferrell graduated from the University of Nevada, Reno in 1971 with a Bachelor's of Arts in History. Collection contains a Teenage Opportunity Program patch, a UNR Centennial lapel pin, and a blue UNR pin.
Dr. Milton D. Glick (1937-2011) served as the 15th President of the University of Nevada, Reno, from August 2006 until his death on April 16, 2011. The Milton D. Glick Collection consists of a scrapbook, photographs of his inauguration as University President and from his memorial service, and objects and ephemera from his term in office.
- Subject: Universities and colleges -- Nevada X
- Universities and colleges -- Nevada -- Reno -- Administration 9
- Universities and colleges -- Nevada 8
- Universities and colleges -- Nevada -- Reno -- Employees 4
- Centennial celebrations, etc. 2
- College personnel management 2
- College students -- Nevada 2
- Education, Higher -- Administration -- Nevada 2
- Ephemera 2
- Universities and colleges -- Alumni and alumnae 2
- Universities and colleges -- Nevada -- Faculty 2
- Universities and colleges -- Nevada -- Reno -- Faculty 2
- Universities and colleges -- Social aspects -- Nevada -- Reno 2
- Academic achievement 1
- Academic freedom -- Nevada -- Reno 1
- Art -- Nevada -- Reno 1
- Athletics -- Nevada 1
- Civil rights -- Nevada -- Reno 1
- Clubs -- Nevada -- Reno 1
- College athletes -- Drug testing -- Nevada -- Reno 1
- College buildings -- Nevada -- Reno 1
- College sports -- Nevada 1
- College students -- Societies and clubs -- Nevada -- Reno -- 21st century 1
- Commencement ceremonies -- Nevada 1
- Education, Higher -- Nevada 1
- Facility management -- Nevada 1
- Greek letter societies -- Nevada -- Reno 1
- Higher education and state -- Nevada 1
- Industrial safety -- Nevada -- Reno 1
- Law enforcement -- Nevada 1
- Little Valley (Washoe County, Nev.) 1
- Nurses -- Education -- Nevada 1
- Pyramid Lake (Nev.) 1
- Ranches -- Nevada 1
- Safety 1
- School mascots -- Nevada 1
- Scrapbooks 1
- Stead Air Force Base (Reno, Nev.) 1
- Student movements -- Nevada -- Reno 1
- Students -- Nevada -- Reno 1
- Universities and colleges -- Administration 1
- Universities and colleges -- Nevada -- Finance 1
- Universities and colleges -- Nevada -- Reno -- Mascots 1
- Universities and colleges -- Security measures -- Nevada 1
- Universities and colleges -- Societies, etc 1
- Vocational education -- Nevada 1
- Wolves Frolic, Reno, Nev., 1918-1938 1 ∧ less