University of Nevada, Reno
Found in 3 Collections and/or Records:
Identifier: AC 0065
Overview In April 1973, University President N. Edd Miller appointed the University of Nevada Centennial Committee to plan and execute the observance, in 1974-1975, of the 100th anniversary of the founding of the University of Nevada, Reno. The chairman of the committee was Samuel M. Basta, Dean of Community Relations. The collection contains correspondence, committee minutes, memorandums, and reports, 1973-1975; a traveling slide presentation sponsored by General University Extension in conjuction with...
Abstract Nevada, one of fifty was a series of radio programs produced by the University of Nevada, Reno, as part of the U.S. Bicentennial celebration, which explored various aspects of the state: history, politics, immigrants, Native Americans, government, ghost towns, art, and some individuals. George Herman, professor of English at the University of Nevada, was the most frequent host but every show featured a different guest. Forty-six programs were produced, this collection is incomplete....
Overview Ludowig (Louis) Edmund Wedertz (1824-1881) operated a stage station at Sulpher Springs on the Carson-Aurora road from about 1862-1866 when he moved his family to Aurora for two years. By 1874 they were living in Sulpher Springs again where Clarence R. and Frank Lewis were born. In 1881, Wedertz opened a store in Bridgeport, California, which his widow Niklamine ran after his death in December 1881. The family continued to live in Bridgeport and Smith Valley. The collection primarily contains...