University of Nevada, Reno
Found in 269 Collections and/or Records:
Identifier: AC 0060
Abstract Walter E. Clark served as the president of the University of Nevada from 1918-1938. The collection consists of 21 bound journals, one volume per year, with programs, photos, and newspaper clippings inserted into the journals.
Identifier: AC 0596
Identifier: AC 0113
Abstract Records primarily cover the 1960s-1970s, and include department meeting minutes, information of the L77 nuclear reactor, buildings and facilities, engineering laboratories, graduate programs, scholarships, professional organizations and activities, news clippings and photographs. There are also records on engineering student activities, including the annual Engineers Day, 1940-1976, and the Alpha Epsilon Chapter of Sigma Tau, the national honor society for engineers, established at Nevada in...
Identifier: AC 0433
Abstract Records related to the planning, funding, and construction of DeLaMare Library, the mining and engineering resources library located in the Mackay School of Mines, which was completed in 1997. The records include correspondence, meeting minutes, reports, planning records, architectural drawings, specifications and other construction records, promotional material, photographs, and miscellaneous related records. The series also contains a small quantity of general administrative records of the...
Abstract The author recounts memories of her childhood, playtime, and school activities; descriptions of Goldfield, Nevada, and the University of Nevada, Reno; and recollections of her teaching career, including teaching years at Billinghurst Junior High School in Reno, Nevada
Identifier: AC 0683
Overview The Facilities Services Department is an organizational unit of the Division of Administration and Finance and includes Planning and Construction Services, Parking and Transportation Services, and Maintenance Services.
Identifier: AC 0517
Overview Mary Sue Ferrell graduated from the University of Nevada, Reno in 1971 with a Bachelor's of Arts in History. Collection contains a Teenage Opportunity Program patch, a UNR Centennial lapel pin, and a blue UNR pin.
Identifier: AC 0454
Overview Located on the University of Nevada, Reno campus, Fleischmann Planetarium was constructed as a community educational and cultural facility with a mission to present astronomical displays, meteorological displays, and educational programs to the northern Nevada community. Completed in 1963, it was billed as the world's first atmospherium. Collection primarily consists of materials created by the Planetarium that document programs, events, fundraising efforts, and interactions with the larger...
Identifier: AC 0205
Abstract Photocopies of materials used for the article. These include university records and correspondence, including teaching recommendations. Also a photograph of Frazer and a photograph of the farm where she was raised in Sparks, Nevada. A copy of the UNR Times is included.
Identifier: AC 0640
Overview The replica Fremont Cannon was donated by the Kennecott Copper Corporation to the University of Nevada on November 26, 1970, in Las Vegas during the homecoming football game between the UNLV Rebels and the UNR Wolf Pack. The seven foot long cannon became the largest and most expensive trophy in college football and a revolving trophy going to the victor of the annual football game between the Reno and Las Vegas campuses. Collection consists of correspondence from the Kennecott Copper...