Orvis School of Nursing
Found in 3 Collections and/or Records:
Identifier: AC 0052
Overview The president is the chief administrative officer of the University of Nevada, Reno. Duties and responsibilities are prescribed by the Board of Regents and may be assisted in the conduct of the duties of the office by vice-presidents and other administrators. The president may also establish and appoint boards and committees. In 1965-1968, the position title was "Chancellor" instead of "President." The collection contains correspondence, reports, campus publications, and other records from the...
Identifier: AC 0182
Abstract The Orvis School of Nursing was authorized and established on the Reno campus in 1955, opened its doors to students in the fall of 1957, and received its first national accreditation in 1963. It is named after Arthur E. Orvis, a long time resident of western Nevada and benefactor of the school. Collection consists of script and photographs for a brochure to be produced for the University of Nevada centennial, 1974, on the history of the school.
Identifier: AC 0649
Abstract The records include architectural drawings, audio recordings of early faculty and students, biographical information about Mr. and Mrs. Orvis, by-laws, ceremony programs, correspondence, a guest register for School events, information about the history of the School and activities of its Alumni Association chapter, marketing material, meeting minutes, publications, scrapbooks, self-evaluation reports, and working agreements with hospitals. Founded in 1956, the Orvis School of Nursing (OSN), at...