Orvis School of Nursing
Found in 3 Collections and/or Records:
The Orvis School of Nursing was authorized and established on the Reno campus in 1955, opened its doors to students in the fall of 1957, and received its first national accreditation in 1963. It is named after Arthur E. Orvis, a long time resident of western Nevada and benefactor of the school. Collection consists of script and photographs for a brochure to be produced for the University of Nevada centennial, 1974, on the history of the school.