Mackay School of Mines
Found in 23 Collections and/or Records:
Identifier: AC 0645
Overview Collection includes original blueprints and drawings of remodeling work for various University buildings during the twentieth century.
Identifier: AC 0433
Abstract Records related to the planning, funding, and construction of DeLaMare Library, the mining and engineering resources library located in the Mackay School of Mines, which was completed in 1997. The records include correspondence, meeting minutes, reports, planning records, architectural drawings, specifications and other construction records, promotional material, photographs, and miscellaneous related records. The series also contains a small quantity of general administrative records of the...
Overview Vincent Paul Gianella (1886-1983) was a professor in the Mackay School of Mines at the University of Nevada, Reno from 1915-1925 and again from 1935-1952. The collection contains correspondence, field notes, subject files, geologic reports, printed materials, maps, photographs related to Gianella's research in Nevada geology and earthquakes, his work at the Mackay School of Mines, and to routes of John C. Fremont and other early explorers of Nevada.
Identifier: AC 0264
Abstract One scrapbook with invitation, program, and photographs taken during the dedication. Photographs include Paul Laxalt and his brother, Nevada author Robert Laxalt. The program includes a biography of Paul Laxalt, and a brief history of the Mackay School of Mines by James V. Taranik.
Abstract The John A. Fulton Papers include papers and speeches presented by Fulton, chiefly on mining in Nevada and Grass Valley, California; correspondence on mining matters; and microfilm of a scrapbook.
Identifier: AC 0074
Abstract Edward R. Larson joined the geology faculty, University of Nevada, Reno, in 1949, and served as department chairman, 1952-1966. He was a graduate of Columbia University, and before coming to Nevada, was employed by the U.S. Geological Survey, Alaska Branch, and taught at the Missouri School of Mines. His primary fields of interest were stratigraphy and structural geology. This collection consists of general correspondence with other geologists and graduate students concerning geologic...
Identifier: AC 0483
Overview In 2008, the Mackay School of Mines celebrated its centennial with a gala celebration held at the Grand Sierra Resort and Casino in Reno, Nevada on April 26, 2008. The collection contains materials created for the celebration.
Identifier: AC 0363
Overview The John W. Mackay statue and the Mackay School of Mines building, were originally dedicated on June 10, 1908 in honor of John W. Mackay by his wife and his son, Marie Louise Mackay and Clarence Hungerford Mackay. Originally dedicated on June 10, 1908, the John Mackay Statue was rededicated by the Mackay School of Mines on April 25, 1996. Collection contains materials created for the rededication ceremony.
Identifier: NUB 30/02
Identifier: NUB 30/03