Mackay School of Mines
Found in 23 Collections and/or Records:
Collection includes original blueprints and drawings of remodeling work for various University buildings during the twentieth century.
John A. Fulton was a mining engineer and director of the Mackay School of Mines at the University of Nevada, Reno. The collection includes papers and speeches presented by Fulton, chiefly on mining in Nevada and Grass Valley, California; correspondence on mining matters; and microfilm of a scrapbook.
Vincent Paul Gianella (1886-1983) was a professor in the Mackay School of Mines at the University of Nevada, Reno from 1915-1925 and again from 1935-1952. The collection contains correspondence, field notes, subject files, geologic reports, printed materials, maps, photographs related to Gianella's research in Nevada geology and earthquakes, his work at the Mackay School of Mines, and to routes of John C. Fremont and other early explorers of Nevada.
One scrapbook with invitation, program, and photographs taken during the dedication. Photographs include Paul Laxalt and his brother, Nevada author Robert Laxalt. The program includes a biography of Paul Laxalt, and a brief history of the Mackay School of Mines by James V. Taranik.
In 2008, the Mackay School of Mines celebrated its centennial with a gala celebration held at the Grand Sierra Resort and Casino in Reno, Nevada on April 26, 2008. The collection contains materials created for the celebration.
The John W. Mackay statue and the Mackay School of Mines building, were originally dedicated on June 10, 1908 in honor of John W. Mackay by his wife and his son, Marie Louise Mackay and Clarence Hungerford Mackay. Originally dedicated on June 10, 1908, the John Mackay Statue was rededicated by the Mackay School of Mines on April 25, 1996. The collection contains materials created for the rededication ceremony.
- College buildings -- Nevada -- Reno 2
- Academic libraries -- Nevada -- Reno 1
- Architects -- Nevada 1
- Architecture -- Nevada 1
- College personnel management 1
- Copper mines and mining -- Nevada -- Elko County 1
- Donner Pass (Calif.) 1
- Earthquakes -- Nevada 1
- Fort Peck Dam (Mont.) -- Tunnels 1
- Galena Creek Bridge (Nev.) 1
- Geologists -- Nevada 1
- Geology -- Great Basin 1
- Geology -- Nevada 1
- Geology -- Nevada -- Eagle Springs 1
- Geology -- Nevada -- Nye County 1
- Geology -- New York (State) -- Rondout 1
- Gold mines and mining -- Nevada 1
- Higher education and state -- Nevada 1
- Hoover Dam (Ariz. and Nev.) 1
- Law enforcement -- Nevada 1
- Little Valley (Washoe County, Nev.) 1
- Malones (Calif.) 1
- Mines and mineral resources -- California 1
- Mines and mineral resources -- Nevada 1
- Mono Craters Tunnel (Calif.) 1
- Mountain City Mining District (Nev.) 1
- Nevada -- Description and travel 1
- Nurses -- Education -- Nevada 1
- Pyramid Lake (Nev.) 1
- Ranches -- Nevada 1
- Springfield (Mass.) 1
- Stead Air Force Base (Reno, Nev.) 1
- Tahoe, Lake, Region (Calif. and Nev.) 1
- Tunneling -- California 1
- Tunneling -- Nevada 1
- Universities and colleges -- Nevada -- Reno -- Administration 1
- Video recordings -- VHS 1
- Vocational education -- Nevada 1
- Water-supply -- Nevada 1 ∧ less