Southern Pacific Railroad Company
Found in 4 Collections and/or Records:
Jim Bryant Papers
Abstract Jim Bryant began this collection because of an interest he had in the Fernley and Lassen Railroad, a branch of the Southern Pacific Railroad which ran from Fernley, Nevada, to the vicinity of Susanville, Lassen County, California. This research brought to his attention the lumber industry of northern California which was inextricably tied to the railroad. The collection includes are company and governmental records (partial), newspaper clippings, maps, photos, and research notes on logging...
Sparks Historic Preservation Papers
Abstract Lenore Marie Kosso was formerly a manuscript curator at the Special Collections Department at the University of Nevada, Reno. Field notes and photographs of historic structures in Sparks, Nevada, compiled for a class in historic preservation at the University of Nevada, Reno. Included are notes about the Southern Pacific Railroad depot, New Hope Covenant Church and neighboring house, Sparks Guest House, four residences, and a commercial building occupied by Harry's Business Machines, Inc....
William McGee Railroad Stories
William E. "Cannonball' McGee began work with the Southern Pacific Railroad in 1941 as a fireman, was promoted to engineer in 1948, and continued work until his retirement in 1984. Collection contains stories of McGee's life with the Southern Pacific Railroad, mainly during his time working with steam engines from 1941-1956.
Southern Pacific Railroad Company Records
Abstract Southern Pacific Railroad Company was a transcontinental railroad company with tracks running east and west through Nevada. Includes train orders for some Nevada trains, 1896-1958; correspondence, 1892-1958; and time tables, 1914-1925. Of note in the orders are communiques regarding President Harding's funeral train and security precautions in World War II; and in the correspondence, the specifications for maximum railroad car sizes, instructions for transport of army personnel in World War...
- Business correspondence 2
- "Bizz" Johnson Trail (Calif.) 1
- Church buildings -- Nevada -- Sparks 1
- Historic buildings -- Conservation and restoration -- Nevada -- Sparks 1
- Historic preservation -- Study and teaching (Higher) -- Nevada -- Reno 1
- Lassen County (Calif.) 1
- Locomotive engineers -- Biography 1
- Logging -- California 1
- Maps 1
- Photographs 1
- Railroad stations -- Nevada -- Sparks 1
- Railroads -- California 1
- Railroads -- California -- Biography 1
- Railroads -- Employees -- Biography 1
- Railroads -- Nevada 1
- Railroads -- Nevada -- Biography 1
- Sparks (Nev.) -- History 1
- Susanville (Calif.) 1
- Tables (Data) 1
- Westwood (Calif.) 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Balloons -- Nevada 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Transportation 1 ∧ less