Belcher Mining Company
Found in 4 Collections and/or Records:
In 1915 three mines combined into the Jacket-Crown Point-Belcher Mines Company which in turn became part of the United Comstock Mining company in 1920. Collection contains records of operation including weekly reports from the mine superintendent to H.D. Fry; and assay records for the Belcher and Crown Point mines; and the Santiago, Vivian, Mexican, and Eureka mills.
Crown Point Gold and Silver Mining Company was one of the richest mines of the Comsotck Lode. Collection contains records including Board of Directors' minutes, 1861-1874; by-laws; agreements; deeds; reports of mining operations, 1887-1894; and letters, 1875-1877.
Operational records of the company. The collection contains material from 1879-1882 created by Forman Shaft.
Report includes sections on a resume of U.S.G.S. monograph III on the geology of the Comstock, rock formations at various levels in the mines, and summary with reference to points of economic interest. Created by Henry R. Putnam, mining engineer who became a consultant, in 1912.