Orvis, Arthur E.
- Existence: 1888 - 1965
Found in 3 Collections and/or Records:
Identifier: AC 0027
Overview The office of the Chancellor was created in 1968, with the position serving as main administrative coordinator for the Board of Regents. With the growth of two campuses and the Desert Research Institute, it divided the authority and responsibility between the chancellor and the presidents. The collection includes records and information on significant events, administrators, programs and proposals, donors and community groups.
Identifier: AC 0182
Abstract The Orvis School of Nursing was authorized and established on the Reno campus in 1955, opened its doors to students in the fall of 1957, and received its first national accreditation in 1963. It is named after Arthur E. Orvis, a long time resident of western Nevada and benefactor of the school. Collection consists of script and photographs for a brochure to be produced for the University of Nevada centennial, 1974, on the history of the school.
Identifier: AC 0649
Abstract The records include architectural drawings, audio recordings of early faculty and students, biographical information about Mr. and Mrs. Orvis, by-laws, ceremony programs, correspondence, a guest register for School events, information about the history of the School and activities of its Alumni Association chapter, marketing material, meeting minutes, publications, scrapbooks, self-evaluation reports, and working agreements with hospitals. Founded in 1956, the Orvis School of Nursing (OSN), at...