Mackay, Clarence H. (Clarence Hungerford)
- Existence: 1874 - 1938
Found in 7 Collections and/or Records:
Identifier: AC 0492
Overview The Halftone Relief Plates and Letterpress University Archives Collection consists of halftone relief plates and letterpress images mounted on wood depicting images of various men’s and women’s sports teams, the Nevada State University Cadet Corps and band, campus buildings, Clarence Mackay, and the Mackay statue.
Identifier: AC 0484
Overview "Introduction to Public History" is a 3-credit course that was first offered by the University of Nevada, Reno, College of Liberal Arts' Department of History in 2008. From then until 2010, it was offered under "Topics in American Studies (HIST 487/687). It was offered under its own course number, HIST 311, for the first time for the Spring 2011 semester. The collection consists mainly of student term papers which were developed to be placed on a companion website as an online exhibit about the...
Abstract The John A. Fulton Papers include papers and speeches presented by Fulton, chiefly on mining in Nevada and Grass Valley, California; correspondence on mining matters; and microfilm of a scrapbook.
Identifier: AC 0483
Overview In 2008, the Mackay School of Mines celebrated its centennial with a gala celebration held at the Grand Sierra Resort and Casino in Reno, Nevada on April 26, 2008. The collection contains materials created for the celebration.
Overview The Mackay family includes Clarence Hungerford Mackay, son of John William Mackay of the Bonanza Kings fame, his wife Katherine Duer, and their children Katherine, Ellin, and John William III. The collection includes correspondence primarily between Katherine Mackay and her parents, family, and friends.
Identifier: AC 0363
Overview The John W. Mackay statue and the Mackay School of Mines building, were originally dedicated on June 10, 1908 in honor of John W. Mackay by his wife and his son, Marie Louise Mackay and Clarence Hungerford Mackay. Originally dedicated on June 10, 1908, the John Mackay Statue was rededicated by the Mackay School of Mines on April 25, 1996. Collection contains materials created for the rededication ceremony.
Identifier: AC 0027
Overview The office of the Chancellor was created in 1968, with the position serving as main administrative coordinator for the Board of Regents. With the growth of two campuses and the Desert Research Institute, it divided the authority and responsibility between the chancellor and the presidents. The collection includes records and information on significant events, administrators, programs and proposals, donors and community groups.