Found in 3 Collections and/or Records:
Collection consists of flyers and brochures announcing exhibits at the Sheppard Fine Arts Gallery, undated-1989, and Art Department bulletins and newsletters, 1963-1990. Newsletters include: Art Forum, 1963-1967; Contact, 1967-1977; News from the Art Club, 1981-1983; and Preview, 1976-1990. Among the exhibit items is a description of the inaugural exhibition in the Church Fine Arts Building, with a foreword by J. Craig Sheppard, artist and Chair of the Department of Art.
The Child and Family Research Center was originally a unit of the Sarah Hamilton Fleischmann School of Home Economics. Proceeds from the annual Children's Art Auction went to child care scholarships and equipment. Scrapbook with programs, photographs, a poster, press releases, and newspaper clippings. Newspaper items include columns by Rollan Melton. Photographs include art professor Howard Rosenberg, serving as auctioneer, and University President Joseph Crowley.
The Friends of the University Library was established as a permanent organization in 1953 in order to support and assist the University of Nevada, Reno Libraries in enhancing the collection ans services offered by the Libraries. The collection include administrative information, meeting minutes, and events material concerning the organization's fund raising events, programming, sponsored projects, and other activities.