Mackay, John William, 1831-1902
- Existence: 1831-1902
- Existence: 1831 - 1902
Found in 12 Collections and/or Records:
Collection contains correspondence, manuscripts, personal papers of C. C. Goodwin, mainly spanning the years, 1890-1917 also includes photographs, printed material and some papers of son, James T. (Tod) Goodwin.
The Halftone Relief Plates and Letterpress University Archives Collection consists of halftone relief plates and letterpress images mounted on wood depicting images of various men’s and women’s sports teams, the Nevada State University Cadet Corps and band, campus buildings, Clarence Mackay, and the Mackay statue.
In 2008, the Mackay School of Mines celebrated its centennial with a gala celebration held at the Grand Sierra Resort and Casino in Reno, Nevada on April 26, 2008. The collection contains materials created for the celebration.
Mackay, Fair and Company was one of the largest silver producing companies in the Comstock Lode, Nevada, owned by John W. Mackay and James G. Fair. Collection contains letterpress copybooks of outgoing correspondence and one volume of quicksilver cash receipts and disbursements, from 1871-1887.
John William Mackay was a silver miner who became one of the richest silver barons in Nevada's Comstock Lode. Receipt from Tiffany and Company of New York for fabrication of a large silver service, accompanied by a letter acknowledging receipt of a bar of silver for use in the silver service, 1879.
- Comstock Lode (Nev.) 5
- Mines and mineral resources -- Nevada 2
- Virginia City (Nev.) 2
- Authors, American -- 20th century 1
- California -- Fiction 1
- California -- Newspapers 1
- California -- Social life and customs 1
- College sports -- Nevada 1
- Comstock Lode (Nev.) -- History 1
- Daily territorial enterprise 1
- Flumes 1
- Goodwin's weekly 1
- Hunter Creek (Nev.) 1
- Jewelers -- New York (State) 1
- Journalists -- Nevada -- Virginia City 1
- Journalists -- Utah -- Salt Lake City 1
- Lumber trade -- California 1
- Lumber trade -- Nevada 1
- Mills and mill-work -- Nevada -- Virginia City 1
- Mines and mineral resources -- Nevada -- Virginia City 1
- Mormons 1
- Nevada -- Fiction 1
- Nevada -- Newspapers 1
- Printed ephemera 1
- Printing -- Nevada -- History -- 19th century 1
- Salt Lake City (Utah) 1
- Salt Lake City telegraph 1
- Salt Lake City tribune 1
- Silver mines and mining -- Nevada 1
- Silver mines and mining -- Nevada -- Virginia City 1
- Silversmiths -- New York (State) 1
- Territorial enterprise (Momon Station, Nev.) 1 ∧ less