Mighels, Henry R. (Henry Rust), 1830-1879
- Existence: 1830-1879
- Existence: 1830 - 1879
Found in 4 Collections and/or Records:
Sam P. Davis Papers
Includes materials by or about Sam Davis and his family, the Corbett-Fitzsimmons boxing match, Thomas Fitch, Thomas P. Brown, Henry R. Mighels, Robert O'Brien, Theodore Winters, Lake Tahoe, and the Western States Exploration Company. Microfilm contains materials from family scrapbook.
Mighels Family Papers
Papers include letter from Philip to Ed about business; manuscript on "Mining camp 'booms'" by Roy; typescript poem "Action" by Davis; scrapbook (1863-1888) started by Henry R., including clippings of his poetry and prose, Nevada history, and his election as Assembly speaker; and a scrapbook (1894-1897) by Henry (Harry) of his published poetry, prose, and book reviews.
Henry Mighels Papers
Passes and credential issued to Hal [Harry] Mighels, and Ida B. Mighels to witness executions in 1905, 1930, and 1934 at the Nevada State Prison in Carson City. The collection contains material from 1905-1934 created by Henry Mighels.
Henry R. and Nellie Mighels Correspondence
Husband and wife Henry "Harry" Rust (1830-1879) and Nellie Verrill Mighels (1844-1945) were from Norway, Maine. Harry became owner of the Carson (City) Daily Appeal in 1865. They married in 1866 after a lengthy courtship by mail. The collection primarily contains correspondence between Nellie and Henry before their marriage.
- Albums (Books) 1
- American literature -- 19th century 1
- American literature -- 20th century 1
- Boxing matches -- Nevada 1
- Capital punishment 1
- Carson City (Nev.) -- History 1
- Carson daily appeal 1
- Excerpts 1
- Mines and mineral resources -- Nevada 1
- Nevada -- Politics and government 1
- Norway (Me. : Town) -- History 1
- Photographs 1
- Poetry 1
- Tahoe, Lake (Calif. and Nev.) 1
- United States -- Personal narratives -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 1
- Women -- West (U.S.) -- Biography 1 ∧ less