Sill, Richard C. (Richard Clement), 1923-1981
- Existence: 1923-1981
- Existence: 1923 - 1981
Found in 4 Collections and/or Records:
Identifier: AC 0061
Abstract Arranged in alphabetical order by name Governor's Day was an annual occasion for honoring ROTC cadets. In 1970, the event was scheduled the same week that American troops went into Cambodia, and four student protestors were killed by National Guard troops at Kent State University in Ohio. Students who opposed the war in Vietnam held a peace rally the same day as Governor's Day, which became a march toward the stadium where the military review was being held. The students marched into the...
Abstract The Sierra Club is a California based national organization devoted to preserving nature for future generations. Organized about 1890 in San Francisco, the club issues a Bulletin and publishes books about nature; they also investigate and lobby to prevent damage to the wilderness. Divided into chapters and subgroups based on geography. Richard Sill served on the national board of directors and executive committee from 1967-1971, on the executive board of the Toiyabe Chapter (Nevada), and as...
Abstract Richard Clements Sill (1922-1981) was an assistant professor in the Physics Department at the University of Nevada, Reno, and a longtime active member of the Sierra Club, including service on the Executive Board and co-founding the Toiyabe Chapter. The collection includes correspondence, Club records, research, photographs, slides, videos, and audio materials relating to Marjorie and Richard Sill's work dealing with environmental issues and organizations, primarily with the work of the...
Correspondence, reports and clippings created by Sill, Nevada's U.S. Senator Walter Baring, or scientist Richard Noyes, related to the unsuccessful effort in the 1950s and 1960s to create the Great Basin National Park (later created in 1986).
- Conservationists -- West (U.S.) 2
- Bodega Bay (Calif.) 1
- Environmental impact statements -- Nevada 1
- Environmental protection -- Nevada 1
- Environmental protection -- Research -- Tahoe, Lake (Calif. and Nev.) 1
- Forest management -- Nevada 1
- Great Basin National Park (Nev.) 1
- Nature -- Effect of human beings on -- Sierra Nevada (Calif. and Nev.) 1
- Outdoor recreation -- Nevada 1
- Pyramid Lake Paiute Tribe of the Pyramid Lake Reservation, Nevada 1
- Radioactive waste disposal -- Nevada -- Yucca Mountain 1
- Sierra Nevada (Calif. and Nev.) 1
- Snake Range (White Pine County, Nev.) 1
- Student movements -- Nevada -- Reno 1
- Tahoe, Lake, Region (Calif. and Nev.) 1
- Toiyabe National Forest (Nev. and Calif.) 1
- Toiyabe trails 1
- Water use -- Nevada 1
- Water-supply -- Nevada 1
- Wheeler Peak (Nev.) 1 ∧ less