Creel, Cecil Willis
- Existence: 1889 - 1968
Found in 8 Collections and/or Records:
Identifier: AC 0005
Abstract Cecil Willis Creel became director of Agricultural Extension for the University in 1921, and except for 1942, in an unsuccessful bid for the U.S. Senate, he continued to hold this position until his retirement in 1952. He was named Dean of the College of Agriculture in 1945, and held this position through 1949. This collection covers 1921-1951, but primarily documents 1931-1939, and is arranged in two series. The first series deals with Nevada, and includes correspondence and reports...
Dates: 1921-1951; Majority of material found within 1931 - 1939
Abstract The Lorenzo D. Creel Papers have been divided into two major groups and into series within the groups. The first group contains Creel family items and includes correspondence, financial records, business papers, memorabilia, photographs, and books which belonged to Creel family members with the majority of the material originating from Lorenzo and his son Cecil. Three-dimensional items, which accompanied the collection, have been donated to the University of Nevada, Reno, School of Home...
Identifier: AC 0110
Overview The Land-Grant College Radio Hour was performed at the University of Nevada for the Association of Land-Grant Colleges and Universities, in cooperation with the United States Department of Agriculture and the National Broadcasting Company (NBC), on July 20, 1938. Alfred L. Higginbotham, journalism professor, wrote the script and directed the production. The collection contains the script, six phonograph recordings of the program, including the sound of the Morrill Hall bell, a scrapbook which...
Dates: 1987-1938; Majority of material found within 1937-1938
Identifier: AC 0089
Abstract The Records of the Max C. Fleischmann College of Agriculture Cooperative Extension Service include a variety of reports created by Cooperative Extension. These reports may include Agricultural Extension Service publications, blueprints, correspondence, maps, 4-H Camp newsletters, newspaper clippings, and miscellaneous reports.
Identifier: AC 0043
Overview The Nevada Cooperative Extension Service is one of the three branches of agricultural education. Founded in Nevada as a result of the Smith-Lever Act of 1914, it organized scores of clubs for young people that were the predecessor of the 4-H Club, and worked closely with the Nevada Farm Bureau. In 1938, The Nevada Farm Bureau and the Extension Service purchased a tract of land at Tahoe; a camp was established on the property owned by the state, paid for by the counties, and managed by the...
Identifier: AC 0288
Abstract Records are arranged into three divisions, the College of Agriculture, the Cooperative Extension Service, and the Agricultural Experiment Station. Records include correspondence with the deans and directors of the divisions; correspondence with university presidents and county agents; information of the Newlands Project, and the Nevada Farm Bureau; project reports; information on personnel; budgets; experiment record books; letterpress books; photographs; maps and graphs. Also included are...
Identifier: AC 0004
Overview The Nevada Agricultural Experiment Station began with the Hatch Act in 1887, which provided an annual appropriation of $15,000 to each state to establish a nation-wide system of experiment stations to conduct agricultural research. A Board of Control of each Station was to decide the problems to be investigated under this grant. The collection are primarily on the Nevada Agricultural Experiment Station, 1901-1923, created during the tenure of Samuel B. Doten, Experiment Director, 1913-1946. ...
Abstract Includes correspondence and membership certificates from Cecil W. Creel of the Scottish Rite Temple of Reno; deeds for Paterson's property at Reno and Zephyr Cove, Nevada; an affidavit of the date of Paterson's birth; and school yearbooks from Verdi Elementary School, Nevada, where wife Verna Stumpf Paterson taught.