Found in 11 Collections and/or Records:
The Gathering of Governors was a special live broadcast on KNPB Channel 5 featuring four former and one current Nevada governors discussing their experiences. The collection contains the program for the broadcast.
One scrapbook with invitation, program, and photographs taken during the dedication. Photographs include Paul Laxalt and his brother, Nevada author Robert Laxalt. The program includes a biography of Paul Laxalt, and a brief history of the Mackay School of Mines by James V. Taranik.
Manuscripts, reviews, correspondence, printed material, personal and family papers of Nevada author Paul Laxalt between 1936-1996;1950-1985.
The office of the Chancellor was created in 1968, with the position serving as main administrative coordinator for the Board of Regents. With the growth of two campuses and the Desert Research Institute, it divided the authority and responsibility between the chancellor and the presidents. The collection includes records and information on significant events, administrators, programs and proposals, donors and community groups.
Bulletins from Paul Laxalt’s press office, clippings about Paul Laxalt and news and articles about Robert Laxalt. It also includes a tape, slides, photographs, posters, festival schedules and press clippings of the Basque dances group "Oraï-bat" from Bayonne.
Joseph H. Robertson was a Reno, Nevada resident and professor of range management at the University of Nevada, Reno. The collection contains letters written by Robertson to Nevada's U.S. Senators and Representatives, and their responses to him. Subjects include the military, taxation, campaign finance ethics, Social Security, foreign policy, arms and gun control, wilderness and Nevada issues.
- Nevada -- Politics and government 3
- Basque Americans -- Nevada 2
- Politicians -- Nevada 2
- Adult education -- Administration 1
- Adult education -- Nevada -- Reno 1
- Adult education and state 1
- Authors, American -- Nevada -- 20th century 1
- Basques -- Nevada 1
- Conservatism—United States—History—20th century 1
- Elections -- Nevada 1
- Elko daily free press 1
- Elko independent 1
- Governors -- Nevada -- Interviews 1
- Law schools -- Accreditation 1
- Nevada -- Politics and government -- 20th century 1
- Political parties -- United States -- History -- 20th century 1
- Politicians -- California 1
- Politics, Practical 1
- Presidential candidates—United States—History 1
- Presidents -- United States -- Correspondence 1
- Protest movements -- Nevada -- Reno 1
- Spanish-American War, 1898 1
- United States -- Politics and government -- 20th century 1
- Universities and colleges -- Nevada 1 ∧ less