Laxalt, Robert, 1923-2001
- Existence: 1923-2001
- Existence: 1923 - 2001
Found in 8 Collections and/or Records:
The Department of Journalism officially became the Donald W. Reynolds School of Journalism on September 14, 1984. These records include materials about the establishment of the new school including bylaws, correspondence, curriculum materials, and information about deans, faculty, and benefactors. Planning and promotional materials for events sponsored by the Reynolds School are also included.
The Friends of the University Library was established as a permanent organization in 1953 in order to support and assist the University of Nevada, Reno Libraries in enhancing the collection ans services offered by the Libraries. The collection include administrative information, meeting minutes, and events material concerning the organization's fund raising events, programming, sponsored projects, and other activities.
One scrapbook with invitation, program, and photographs taken during the dedication. Photographs include Paul Laxalt and his brother, Nevada author Robert Laxalt. The program includes a biography of Paul Laxalt, and a brief history of the Mackay School of Mines by James V. Taranik.
Manuscripts, reviews, correspondence, printed material, personal and family papers of Nevada author Paul Laxalt between 1936-1996;1950-1985.
Dominique Laxalt’s accounts, documentation, an invitation and correspondence regarding Basque issues, bertsos, cardboards and a speech for Eloy Placer’s funeral. It also includes two dossiers about Robert Laxalt’s biography and works and Spanish translations of some of his works.
The University of Nevada Press officially began operations in 1961 under Robert Laxalt who was the Press' first editor. The Press is dedicated to publishing works that further the study of the western region of the United States regardless of discipline. The collection contains administrative and publication-related materials covering 1961-2011.