Wheeler, Sessions S.
Found in 6 Collections and/or Records:
Distinguished Nevadan Recipients Records
Hilliard Endowment Records
The Albert and Emily Hilliard Endowment Records consist of annual reports, correspondence, meeting minutes, nominations for candidates for the chair, exhibit brochures, and publicity material. As visiting Hilliard Scholars, highly recognized professors, authors, and artists have lectured, given literary readings, met with classes, conducted workshops and staged exhibits for UNR students, faculty, and the general public; resumes for many Hilliard Scholars are included in the collection.
Max C. Fleischmann Foundation Records
Included are trustee minutes, reports of operations, financial statements, auditors' reports, reports of executors of the Fleischmann estate, inventories of assets, tax returns, trustees' files, application lists, Nevada scholarship files (including Nevada Indian applications), files of completed grants, scrapbooks, and indexes to rejected applicants.
Paiute manuscript papers
Sessions Wheeler was a Nevada author. Printer's copy with manuscript corrections of the novel of the same title published in 1965. Includes press copies of press notices.
Sessions S. Wheeler Papers
Sessions S. Wheeler served on the board of the Nevada State Museum. He received the Conservationist of the Year award, Outstanding Biology Teacher award, and the Distinguished Nevadan Award from the University of Nevada in 1963. The collection consists entirely of materials related to Wheeler's published writings: manuscripts in draft and edited formats, research notes and tapes, original papers and records of Max C. Fleischmann, photographs, and newspaper clippings.
Interview of Sessions Wheeler
Transcript of an interview of Wheeler by Allen V. Mundt on the history of environmental education in Nevada. Material from 1973.
- Account books 1
- Albums (Books) 1
- Annual reports 1
- Biographies 1
- Black Rock Desert (Nev.) 1
- Charitable bequests -- Nevada 1
- Charitable bequests -- United States 1
- Charitable uses, trusts, and foundations -- Nevada 1
- Charitable uses, trusts, and foundations -- United States 1
- Conservation of natural resources -- Study and teaching 1
- Endowments -- Nevada 1
- Environmental education -- Nevada 1
- Fishing -- Alaska 1
- Fishing -- Pacific Ocean 1
- Humanities -- Nevada -- History 1
- Hunting -- North America 1
- Indexes 1
- Indians of North America -- Wars -- 1815-1875 1
- Indochina -- Description and travel 1
- Local histories 1
- Minutes (Records) 1
- Paiute Indians -- Wars, 1860 1
- Photographs 1
- Pyramid Lake (Nev.) 1
- Registers (Lists) 1
- Sheep ranchers -- Nevada 1
- Speeches 1 ∧ less