Hulse, James W.
Found in 17 Collections and/or Records:
The conference, "The Crisis in Values: Its Meaning for Higher Education in the 1980's" was a series of lectures and symposia held in April 1980, to stimulate discussion and to re-examine the role of higher education in society, and specifically in Nevada society, at the beginning of the 1980s. The collection contains general correspondence, brochures, the grant proposal, final report of the conference, and 12 audiocassettes of the speakers and panel discussions.
The Albert and Emily Hilliard Endowment Records consist of annual reports, correspondence, meeting minutes, nominations for candidates for the chair, exhibit brochures, and publicity material. As visiting Hilliard Scholars, highly recognized professors, authors, and artists have lectured, given literary readings, met with classes, conducted workshops and staged exhibits for UNR students, faculty, and the general public; resumes for many Hilliard Scholars are included in the collection.
James Hulse was professor of history at the University of Nevada, Reno. Contains newspaper and magazine clippings about nuclear waste disposal in Nevada and water sources for Las Vegas, Nevada. Material between 1990-1994.
Note on shelf-list card that contents are of American Civil Liberties Union, and U.S. vs. T.C.I.D.
James W. Hulse joined the history department at the University of Nevada in 1962. His research specialization was the history of Nevada and the American West, Russian and modern European social and intellectual history, and was author of a University of Nevada history. Collection contains minutes, notes, and correspondence of committees he served on, causes he supported, comments on his history of the university, and his observations on Governor's Day, 1970.
- Student movements -- Nevada -- Reno 2
- Universities and colleges -- Nevada -- Reno -- Administration 2
- Academic freedom -- Nevada -- Reno 1
- Artists -- Nevada 1
- Authors -- Nevada 1
- Baccalaureate addresses -- Nevada -- Reno 1
- College students -- Societies and clubs -- Nevada -- Reno -- 21st century 1
- Education -- Nevada 1
- Endowments -- Nevada 1
- Historic buildings -- Conservation and restoration -- Nevada 1
- Historic sites -- Conservation and restoration -- Nevada 1
- Humanities -- Nevada -- History 1
- Interviews 1
- Las Vegas (Nev.) 1
- Manuscripts 1
- McGill (Nev.) 1
- Mineral County (Nev.) 1
- Neon lamps -- Nevada 1
- Nevada -- Biography 1
- Nevada -- Description and travel 1
- Nevada -- History 1
- Nevada -- History -- 20th century 1
- Nevada -- History, local 1
- Nevada -- Social life and customs 1
- Radioactive waste disposal -- Nevada 1
- Sagebrush Rebellion (Movement : Nev.) 1
- Secret societies -- Nevada -- Reno 1
- Students -- Nevada -- Reno 1
- Universities and colleges -- Societies, etc 1
- Water-supply -- Nevada -- Las Vegas 1 ∧ less