J. S. Cain Company Correspondence
Scope and Contents
The J. S. Cain Company Correspondence is primarily letters to the Bullion and Exchange Bank in Carson City, Nevada regarding banking business of the J. S. Cain Company.
- J.S. Cain Company (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open for research. Materials must be used on-site; advance notice suggested. Access to parts of this collection may be restricted under provisions of state or federal law.
J.S. Cain was an influential businessman and banker from Bodie, California.
0.4 Linear Feet (1 box)
Language of Materials
J. S. Cain (1854-1938) was integral to the mining operations as well as the preservation of Bodie, California, as reflected by his mining company. The correspondence in this collection is from 1886-1904 and is primarily to the Bullion and Exchange Bank in Carson City, Nevada regarding banking business of the J. S. Cain Company.
- Banks and banking -- Records and correspondence -- Nevada -- Carson City
- Bodie (Calif.)
- Bullion and Exchange Bank (Carson City, Nev.) -- Records and correspondence
- Businessmen -- Correspondence -- California -- Bodie
- Cain, J. S. -- Correspondence
- J.S. Cain Company
- Guide to the J. S. Cain Company Correspondence
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description