Reorganized Cracker Jack Mining Company Records

 Collection
Identifier: 2017-07
The Reorganized Cracker Jack Mining Company Records includes materials that document a small portion of company operations through stockholder information, including correspondence remittance forms and delinquent sale notices, along with financial information, including payment vouchers, hospital fee vouchers, and account ledgers. Of interest are a small number of stock assessment ledger sheets that documents stockholder payment for assessment of the Cracker Jack Mining Company (pre-reorganization).

Dates

  • 1917-1933

Creator

Restrictions

Collection is open for research. Materials must be used on-site; advance notice suggested. Access to parts of this collection may be restricted under provisions of state or federal law.

Extent

0.25 Cubic Feet (1 box)

Overview

Mining company incorporated in 1915 and located in Goldfield, Nevada. Collection contains stockholder and financial documents covering the years 1916-1933.

Administrative History

The Reorganized Cracker Jack Mining Company was incorporated in Nevada on December 18, 1915. As the name implies, it was a reorganization of the Cracker Jack Mining Company. Officers upon incorporation were E. P. Junor, president; George K. Cremer, vice president; H. G. McMahon, secretary-treasurer and manager; and C. H. Shirtz and J. A. Erickson, directors. The company was listed on the San Francisco Stock Exchange beginning in 1915.

The property consisted of five claims covering 80 acres, formerly owned by the Adams Goldfield Mining Company, and purchased through tax sale in 1916; the Great Western group; and 10 claims in the Park group, located 25 miles south of Goldfield at Railroad Springs, purchased in June 1921. From 1919-1924, the company held a five-year lease on part of the ground of Florence Goldfield Mining Company. Over the period of two years (1919-1921), extensive development was conducted to a depth of 500feet through a shaft of the Red Hill Company. In 10 months ending with October 1920, the Cracker Jack Company operated principally on the Florence lease, with an output level of $15,000 net in gold. Failing to find other orebodies of commercial value, the lease covering ground above the 500 foot level was relinquished.

[Information on the company taken from Weed, Walter Harvey. The Mines Handbook Succeeding The Copper Handbook Describing the Mining Companies of the World, Volume 15. Tuckahoe, New York: The Mines Handbook Company, 1922.]

Arrangement

Materials are arranged chronologically.

Immediate Source of Acquisition

Records were received in April 1989 as part of a group of papers that had previously been stored in the Goldfield Hotel.
Title
An Inventory of the Reorganized Cracker Jack Mining Company Records
Status
completed
Author
Jessica Maddox
Date
February 2017
Description rules
dacs

Repository Details

Part of the University of Nevada, Reno. Special Collections Department Repository

Contact:
Mathewson-IGT Knowledge Center
1664 N. Virginia St.
Reno Nevada 89557-0322 USA
775-682-5665
775-682-5724 (Fax)