Reorganized Blue Bull Mining Company Records

 Collection
Identifier: 2017-10
The Reorganized Blue Bull Mining Company Records includes materials that documents a small portion of company operations from before and during its merger with the other companies to create the Goldfield Deep Mines Company of Nevada. Materials include stockholder information (stockholder cards); and financial information (corporation income tax returns, an account ledger for certificates surrendered and issued, and development work ledger sheets). Of interest are the two folders of ledger sheets marked "Wingfield Companies."

Dates

  • 1912-1929

Creator

Conditions Governing Access

Collection is open for research. Materials must be used on-site; advance notice suggested. Access to parts of this collection may be restricted under provisions of state or federal law.

Extent

0.4 Linear Feet (1 box)

Overview

The Goldfield Blue Bull Mining Company was incorporated in 1912 to acquire title to the property of the Blue Bull Mining Company, which was sold at a sheriff's sale on June 14, 1912. Collection includes materials documenting a small portion of company operations including stockholder information and financial information.

Administrative History

Goldfield, Nevada is most well-known for the boom that occurred between 1901 when it was settled and 1910 when peak production reached over $10 million dollars. Most major mining operations had ceased by 1920, although a number of mines continued operations into the 1940s. The Goldfield Merger Mines Company was incorporated just after the peak mining had occurred in Goldfield in 1912.

The Reorganized Blue Bull Mining Company was organized in 1912 to acquire title to property of the Blue Bull Mining Company, which was sold at a sheriff’s sale on June 14, 1912. Officers in 1920 were: George Wingfield, president; W. E. Zoebel, vice president and assistant secretary; C. F. Burton, secretary-treasurer; and L. N. French, director.

The company owned eight claims over 148 acres in the Goldfield Mining District. By 1920, a shaft of 730 feet with workings at the 500-foot and 700-foot levels opened up the Victor and Blue Bull veins. Crosscuts ran into ground owned by the C. O. D. Consolidated Mining Company, which was developed under a lease agreement.

The Goldfield Deep Mines Company of Nevada was incorporated in 1920 as a merger between the Reorganized Blue Bull Mining Company, Reorganized Atlanta Mining Company, Goldfield Merger Mines Company, C.O.D. Consolidated Mines Company, Goldfield Combination Mining Company, Milltown Mining Company, five claims of the Goldfield Consolidated Mines Company and other small parcels of ground in the Goldfield Mining District.

Arrangement

Arranged chronologically.

Immediate Source of Acquisition

The Reorganized Blue Bull Mining Company Records were received in April 1989 as part of a group of papers that had previously been stored in the Goldfield Hotel.

Related Materials

Related archival materials held by the UNR Special Collections Department:

2017-01, Goldfield Deep Mines Company of Nevada Records
Title
Guide to the Reorganized Blue Bull Mining Company Records
Status
completed
Author
Jessica Maddox
Date
March 2017
Description rules
dacs

Repository Details

Part of the University of Nevada, Reno. Special Collections Department Repository

Contact:
Mathewson-IGT Knowledge Center
1664 N. Virginia St.
Reno Nevada 89557-0322 USA
775-682-5665
775-682-5724 (Fax)