Deep Mines Operation Records
Scope and Contents
The Deep Mines Operation Records contains purchase orders, assays, employee withholding statements, a mechanical brochure, daily work logs for the Mohawk and Jumbo Mines, and accident reports, which also includes safety meeting minutes and some blank shift report forms.
- Deep Mines Operation (Creator, Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open for research. Materials must be used on-site; advance notice suggested. Access to parts of this collection may be restricted under provisions of state or federal law.
Owned by the Newmont Mining Corporation, the Deep Mines Operation owned and operated a 100-ton flotation and cyanidation plant located on the former site of the Florence Mill, which burned in 1911. The Deep Mines Operation also owned and developed the Florence, White Rock, and Laguna mines, previously owned by the Goldfield Consolidated Mines Company.
0.41 Linear Feet (7 folders)
Language of Materials
Deep Mines Operation, a mining company owned by Newmont Mining Corporation, was established in Goldfield, Nevada in the 1940s. The collection contains purchase orders, assays, employee withholding statements, a mechanical brochure, and accident reports and mine safety meeting minutes from 1947-1950.
Arranged without hierarchy.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Received in April 1989 as part of a group of papers previously stored in the Goldfield Hotel.
- Deep Mines Operation
- Gold mines and mining -- Nevada -- Esmeralda County
- Gold mines and mining -- Nevada -- Goldfield
- Goldfield (Nev.)
- Goldfield Mining District (Nev.)
- Mines and mineral resources -- Nevada -- Esmeralda County
- Mines and mineral resources -- Nevada -- Goldfield
- Newmont Mining Corporation
- Guide to the Deep Mines Operation Records
- Jessica Maddox
- March 2017
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description