Nevada LGBT Archive Records
Scope and Contents
Collection highlights northern Nevada resources available to LGBT community and the events held by/for them, and for the LGBT community in Nevada.
- Nevada LGBT Archive (Creator, Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
Unprocessed. Collection is open for research. Materials must be used onsite; advanced notice is required to view unprocessed collections. Access to parts of this collection may be restricted under provisions of state or federal law or special donor agreement.
Began December 2015 as a non-profit as a statewide repository of artifacts & ephemera pertaining to the LGBT population in Nevada.
2.5 Linear Feet (5 boxes)
Language of Materials
Began December 2015 as a non-profit as a statewide repository of artifacts & ephemera pertaining to the LGBT population in Nevada. Collection highlights northern Nevada resources available to LGBT community and the events held by/for them, and for the LGBT community in Nevada. Collection materials include brochures, posters, newspaper articles, and banners created between 1965 and 2018.
Arranged by subject.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Donated by John Jeffery Auer, IV in April 2018 on behalf of the Nevada LGBT Archive.
- Reno Out (May 2007; June 2008) [Special Collections stacks: HQ75 .R48]
- Outlands (2002-2005, scattered issues) [Special Collections stacks: HQ75 .O96]
- Sierra Voice (1993-1995, 2002-2006, scattered issues) [Special Collections stacks: HQ75 .S54]
- The Advocate (1985-1988, 1998, 2002, scattered issues) [Special Collections stacks: HQ76.8.U5 A63]
- Christopher Street (July, October-December 1976; January, March, May-August 1977; June 1987; May 1989; September 1990) [Special Collections stacks: HQ75 .C48]
- Out (July/August 1994, July/August 1995, May 1999, March 2000) [Special Collections stacks: ]
- Post Card Book. Berlin : Bruno Gmunder Verlag, 1998
- Berube, Allan. Coming Out Under Fire: The History of Gay Men and Women in World War Two. New York City : Plume Printing, 1991
- Betty and Pansy's Severe Queer Review of San Francisco, No. 3. San Francisco : Bedpan Productions, 1993
- Hunter, John Francis. The Gay Insider USA. New York City : Stonehill Publishing, 1972
- Core, Philip. Camp: The Lie that Tells The Truth. London : Plexus, 1984
- Thompson, Mark, ed. Long Road to Freedom: The Advocate History of the Gay and Lesbian Movement. New York : St. Martin's Press, 1994
- Guide to the Nevada LGBT Archive Records
- Jessica Maddox
- April 2018
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description