Riverside Hotel Ephemera Collection
Scope and Contents
Collection contains four calendars from the Riverside Hotel and Casino. All calendars are marked as being from 1862, 1888, 1895, and 1898 with a "Golden Girl" theme but correspond to years 1983, 1984, 1985, and 1986. Additionally, a "blueprint" type drawing, circa 1978, of how to assemble a mixed drink is included.
- circa 1978-1986
- Riverside Hotel (Reno, Nev.) (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open for research. Materials must be used on-site; advance notice suggested. Access to parts of this collection may be restricted under provisions of state or federal law.
The Riverside Hotel has been a fixture of Reno since its original construction by Myron Lake in 1870. The original Riverside Hotel was a two-story structure named the Lake House. This building was sold by Myron Lake in 1880 and was renamed the Riverside. The face of the Riverside Hotel has changed many times: first in 1907 when the original wood structure was replaced with a three story brick structure; second in 1922 when the building was claimed by fire and rebuilt; next in 1949 when a modern concrete addition with the first hotel pool was added; and finally in 2000 when the addition was torn down.
0.1 Cubic Feet (5 items)
Language of Materials
The Riverside Hotel was originally construction by Myron Lake in 1870. Collection contains an assortment of ephemeral material about the Riverside Hotel from 1978 to 1986.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Calendars and "Details and Assemblies of Mixed Drinks" donated by Louella Wine in April 2018.
- Guide to the Riverside Hotel Ephemera Collection
- In Process
- Jessica Maddox
- May 2018
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script