Commencement Invitation Collection
The collection contains calling cards and invitations for commencements at the University of Nevada and Bishop Whitaker's School for Girls addressed to Mr. and Mrs. B. F. Leete.
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open for research. Materials must be used on-site; advance notice suggested. Access to parts of this collection may be restricted under provisions of state or federal law.
0.4 Linear Feet (1 folder)
The Commencement Invitation Collection was discovered by Lou Allard during the demolition of a home in Reno, Nevada. The collection includes commencement invitations sent to Mr. and Mrs. B. F. Leete from various individuals graduating from Bishop Whitaker's School for Girls and the University of Nevada.
Bishop Whitaker's School for Girls was located in Reno, Nevada on the site of what is now Whitaker Park. The school operated from 1879 until it closed in 1894. The University of Nevada, which relocated from Elko, Nevada in 1886, is cited as one of the causes that led to the closure of Bishop Whitaker's.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Donated by Lou Allard in March 2015.
- Guide to the Commencement Invitation Collection
- Jessica Maddox
- February 2019
- Description rules