Skip to main content

Knickerbocker Mining Company Records

 Collection
Identifier: NC168
Included is a property ledger describing the property and claims of the company, 1887; correspondence, 1876-1907; receipts, 1878-1879; tax receipts, 1878-1914; claim map, 1867; and legal papers regarding transfer of the company to the Virginia and Truckee Railroad Company for nonpayment of debts.

Dates

  • 1867-1914

Creator

Restrictions

Collection is open for research. Materials must be used on-site; advance notice suggested. Access to parts of this collection may be restricted under provisions of state or federal law.

Extent

0.4 Linear Feet (38 items)

Abstract

Included is a property ledger describing the property and claims of the company, 1887; correspondence, 1876-1907; receipts, 1878-1879; tax receipts, 1878-1914; claim map, 1867; and legal papers regarding transfer of the company to the Virginia and Truckee Railroad Company for nonpayment of debts.

Administrative History

Silver mining company at Gold Hill, Nevada, owned by H. M. Yerington, D. O. Mills, William Sharon, and Francis Newlands.

Arrangement

Arranged without hierarchy.

Immediate Source of Acquisition

Donated by Gordon Sampson circa 1965.
Title
Guide to the Knickerbocker Mining Company Records
Status
completed
Description rules
dacs

Repository Details

Part of the University of Nevada, Reno. Special Collections Department Repository

Contact:
Mathewson-IGT Knowledge Center
1664 N. Virginia St.
Reno Nevada 89557-0322 USA
775-682-5665
775-682-5724 (Fax)