Marshall N. Stone Papers
Scope and Contents
Included are letters to Stone and his business partners, legal papers related to Stone's court cases, and documents related to Myron C. Lake's estate. Companies represented are the Wells Fargo Mining Company, Utah Gold and Silver Mining Company, Hale and Norcross Mining Company, Indian Queen Mining Company, the Star Silver Mining Company, Southern Nevada Gold and Silver Mining Company, Sierra Nevada Silver Mining Company, and Gould and Curry Silver Mining Company.
- Stone, Marshall N. (Person)
Collection is open for research. Materials must be used on-site; advance notice suggested. Access to parts of this collection may be restricted under provisions of state or federal law.
Virginia City, Nevada, attorney who was a partner at various times with Thomas H. Williams, David Bixler, Ogden Stiles, and a man named Hiles.
0.5 Cubic Feet (1 box)
Language of Materials
Included are letters to Marshall M. Stone and his business partners, legal papers related to Stone's court cases, and documents related to Myron C. Lake's estate. Material between 1860-1909.
Arranged into three series: 1. Correspondence, 1872-1909; 2. Legal documents, 1861-1893; and 3. Notes and research.
- Bixler, David (Creator)
- Gould & Curry Silver Mining Company
- Hale and Norcross Mining Company
- Indian Queen Mining Company
- Lake, Myron C. (Myron Charles)
- Sierra Nevada Silver Mining Company
- Southern Nevada Gold and Silver Mining Company
- Star Silver Mining Company
- Stiles, Ogden (Creator)
- Utah Gold and Silver Mining Company
- Wells Fargo Mining Company
- Williams, Thomas H. (Creator)
- A Guide to the Marshall N. Stone Papers
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script