Pacific Mill and Mining Company Records
The Pacific Mill and Mining Company Records consist mostly of payroll records and vouchers from the many subsidiary milling companies owned by the Pacific Mill and Mining Company. Also included is a schedule of property owned by the company (1876), articles of incorporation, and lists of officers.
- Pacific Mill and Mining Company (Creator, Organization)
Collection is open for research. Materials must be used on-site; advance notice suggested. Access to parts of this collection may be restricted under provisions of state or federal law.
0.75 Cubic Feet (1 box)
Items from the many subsidiary companies owned by the Pacific Mill and Mining Company, includes a schedule of property owned by the company, 1876; mill supply accounts, 1883-1885; and miscellaneous vouchers, payroll records, receipts and legal records.
The Pacific Mill and Mining Company was incorporated in August 1877 with W. S. O’Brien, J. G. Flood, James G. Fair, John Mackay, and Edward Barron as trustees. The company owned a number of other mills in the Comstock area including the Bacon Mill, Brunswick Mill, California Mill, California Pan Mill, Consolidated Mill, Mariposa Mill, Morgan Mill, Occidental Mill, Omega Mill, Rhode Island Mill, Trench Mill, and the Woodworth Mill/Ditch.
Arranged alphabetically by mill name.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
The Pacific Mill and Mining Company Records were transferred to the Special Collections Department via the Mackay School of Mines sometime in the 1960s.
- An Inventory to the Pacific Mill and Mining Company Records
- Jacquelyn Sundstrand and Jessica Maddox
- January 2016
- Description rules