Anne Martin campaign literature
Campaign literature includes flyers with testimonials from well-known national feminist figures; Martin's views on World War I, on land monopoly in Nevada, and on labor; and postcards in English and Italian urging women to support Martin in her Nevada senatorial campaign. Also included is a copy of Outwest magazine featuring "The clash in Nevada: a history of women's fight for enfranchisement (Aug. 1914), with articles by Jane Addams, Mary Austin, Carrie Chapman Catt, Mary Roberts Coolidge, Sara Bard Field, Inez Haynes Gillmore, Charlotte Perkins Gilman, Gail Laughlin, Anne Martin, and Anna Howard Shaw.
- Martin, Anne (Person)
Collection is open for research. Materials must be used on-site; advance notice suggested. Access to parts of this collection may be restricted under provisions of state or federal law.
0.4 Linear Feet (7 items)
Campaign literature includes flyers with testimonials from well-known national feminist figures; Martin's views on World War I, on land monopoly in Nevada, and on labor; and postcards in English and Italian urging women to support Martin in her Nevada senatorial campaig
Pioneer Nevada suffragist; first woman in Nevada to run for the U.S. Senate (unsuccessfully) in 1918 and 1920.
Arranged without hierarchy.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Acquired from the Ormsby Public Library, Carson City, NV.
Photographs have been transferred to the Special Collections Department photo archive as collection number UNRS-P1996-05
- Addams, Jane (Creator)
- Austin, Mary Hunter (Creator)
- Catt, Carrie Chapman (Creator)
- Coolidge, Mary Roberts (Creator)
- Feminism -- History -- 20th century -- Nevada
- Field, Sara Bard (Creator)
- Gillmore, Inez Haynes (Creator)
- Gilman, Charlotte Perkins (Creator)
- Laughlin, Gail H. (Creator)
- Martin, Anne
- Nevada -- Politics and government
- Shaw, Anna Howard (Creator)
- Suffrage -- Nevada
- Women -- Political activity -- Nevada
- Women -- Suffrage -- Nevada
- Anne Martin campaign literature
- Description rules