History of the Orvis School of Nursing

 Collection
Identifier: AC 0182

Scope and Contents

Collection consists of script and photographs for a brochure to be produced for the University of Nevada centennial, 1974, on the history of the school.

Dates

  • 1974

Creator

Restrictions

Collection is open for research. Materials must be used on-site; advance notice suggested. Access to parts of this collection may be restricted under provisions of state or federal law.

Administrative History

The Orvis School of Nursing was authorized and established on the Reno campus in 1955, opened its doors to students in the fall of 1957, and received its first national accreditation in 1963. It is named after Arthur E. Orvis, a long time resident of western Nevada and benefactor of the school.

Extent

0.05 Cubic Feet (1 folder)

Language of Materials

English

Abstract

The Orvis School of Nursing was authorized and established on the Reno campus in 1955, opened its doors to students in the fall of 1957, and received its first national accreditation in 1963. It is named after Arthur E. Orvis, a long time resident of western Nevada and benefactor of the school. Collection consists of script and photographs for a brochure to be produced for the University of Nevada centennial, 1974, on the history of the school.

Arrangement

Unarranged.

Immediate Source of Acquisition

Transferred from the Office of the President; 1986.

Title
A Guide to the History of the Orvis School of Nursing
Status
Completed
Language of description
English
Script of description
Latin

Repository Details

Part of the University of Nevada, Reno. University Archives Repository

Contact:
Mathewson-IGT Knowledge Center
1664 N. Virginia St.
University of Nevada, Reno
Reno NV 89557-0322 USA
775-682-5665
775-682-5724 (Fax)