Skip to main content

Women's Faculty Club Scrapbooks

 Collection
Identifier: AC 0257
The collection consist of three scrapbooks covering the activities of the Women's Faculty Club and the Newcomers and contain newspaper clippings (1954-1984), programs, photographs, and copies of the club's newsletter La Pluma (1968-1984), and a cookbook (1984). The first scrapbook contains a list of presidents and officers from 1918-1984.

Dates

  • 1918-1984

Creator

Restrictions

Collection is open for research. Materials must be used on-site; advance notice suggested. Access to parts of this collection may be restricted under provisions of state or federal law.

Extent

0.01 Cubic Feet (3 volumes)

Abstract

The collection consist of three scrapbooks covering the activities of the Women's Faculty Club and the Newcomers and contain newspaper clippings (1954-1984), programs, photographs, and copies of the club's newsletter La Pluma (1968-1984), and a cookbook (1984). The first scrapbook contains a list of presidents and officers from 1918-1984.

Administrative History

The Women's Faculty Club began about 1906 as the Faculty Wives Club, and was limited to faculty wives. When Euphemia Clark, wife of university president Walter E. Clark, became president in 1918, she successfully proposed changing the requirements and opened the club to women faculty and to wives of men affiliated with the university in a professional capacity. A section of the club, the Newcomers, welcomed new faculty.

Arrangement

Arranged by year.

Immediate Source of Acquisition

Gift from Elizabeth Bonell; 1989.
Title
A Guide to the Women's Faculty Club Scrapbooks
Status
completed
Description rules
dacs

Repository Details

Part of the University of Nevada, Reno. University Archives Repository

Contact:
Mathewson-IGT Knowledge Center
1664 N. Virginia St.
University of Nevada, Reno
Reno NV 89557-0322 USA
775-682-5665
775-682-5724 (Fax)