University of Nevada, Reno Women's Faculty Club records
Identifier: AC 0286
This collection consists of records of the Club and Newcomers. Included are membership lists, programs, correspondence, and minutes, 1918-1987. They are divided into two boxes - the first box contains the records of the Women's Faculty Club, and the second box the records of the Newcomers section. Also in this collection is the plaque listing presidents from 1918-1992.
- Women's Faculty Club (University of Nevada, Reno) (Organization)
Collection is open for research. Materials must be used on-site; advance notice suggested. Access to parts of this collection may be restricted under provisions of state or federal law.
1.5 Cubic Feet (3 boxes)
Records of the Club and the Newcomers section include committee minutes, constitution and bylaws, membership lists, programs, correspondence, and a plaque listing presidents from 1918-1991/92.
The Women's Faculty Club began about 1910 as the Faculty Wives Club, and was limited to faculty wives. In 1918/19, the requirements changed and the Club was open to women faculty and wives of men affiliated with the university in a professional capacity. The Club has a special section, the Newcomers, that welcomed new faculty and invited them to participate in the Club. In 1991, it was renamed the University Women's Club.
Arranged by subject.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift from Elizabeth Bonell; 1991.
- A Guide to the University of Nevada, Reno Women's Faculty Club records
- Karen Gash
- Approximately 2000
- Description rules