Skip to main content

University of Nevada, Reno University Women's Club records

 Collection
Identifier: AC 0413
The purpose of The Faculty Wives Club was to raise funds to support campus activities, student scholarships and the libraries. The collection consist of correspondence, membership lists, scholarship committee records, programs, treasurer's reports, and includes copies of the club newsletter, La Pluma.

Dates

  • 1961-1999

Creator

Restrictions

Collection is open for research. Materials must be used on-site; advance notice suggested. Access to parts of this collection may be restricted under provisions of state or federal law.

Extent

1.5 Cubic Feet (2 boxes)

Abstract

The purpose of The Faculty Wives Club was to raise funds to support campus activities, student scholarships and the libraries. The collection consist of correspondence, membership lists, scholarship committee records, programs, treasurer's reports, and includes copies of the club newsletter, La Pluma.

Administrative History

The Faculty Wives Club began about 1910, and was limited to faculty wives. In 1918/19, the title changed to Women's Faculty Club when the club was opened to women faculty and wives of men affiliated with the university in a professional capacity, but the former title was retained by popular use. In 1991, it was renamed the University Women's Club, but in 1995, due to decline in membership, the club was dissolved with final accounts distributed in 1999.

Arrangement

Arranged in chronological order by subject.

Immediate Source of Acquisition

Gift from Eleanor Schooley; 1999.
Title
A Guide to the University of Nevada, Reno, University Women's Club records
Status
completed
Author
Karen Gash
Date
Approximately 2000
Description rules
dacs

Repository Details

Part of the University of Nevada, Reno. University Archives Repository

Contact:
Mathewson-IGT Knowledge Center
1664 N. Virginia St.
University of Nevada, Reno
Reno NV 89557-0322 USA
775-682-5665
775-682-5724 (Fax)