Skip to main content

University of Nevada System. Board of Regents Records

 Collection
Identifier: NUA 02/03
The University of Nevada Board of Regents By-laws collection consists of By-Laws for the years 1915 and 1926, which were published in the University of Nevada Bulletin, Volumes 9 and 20, respectively.

Dates

  • 1915-1980

Creator

Restrictions on Access

Collection is open for research. Materials must be used on-site; advance notice suggested. Access to parts of this collection may be restricted under provisions of state or federal law.

Extent

0.25 Cubic Feet (1 box)

Historical Note

The University of Nevada (previously Nevada State University) was established in 1864.

The Board of Regents was established by the Nevada State Constitution in 1864, and the first board was created in 1865. The board is responsible for the governance of the institutions comprising the University of Nevada System, which was organized in 1968. The board changed the System's name to the University and Community College System of Nevada in December 1991. In 2005, the System's name became the Nevada System of Higher Education. Typically, the board holds six regular meetings each year in addition to committee meetings. All regular and committee meetings are open to the pubic. The Las Vegas campus was called the University of Nevada Southern Division from 1957-1965. Its name was changed to Nevada Southern University (NSU) from 1965-1968. In 1969, it became the University of Nevada, Las Vegas (UNLV).

Arrangement

Arranged chronologically.

Related Materials

See also: University of Nevada System Board of Regents By-Laws, NUA 02/03/01.
Title
University of Nevada System. Board of Regents
Status
unprocessed
Description rules
dacs

Repository Details

Part of the University of Nevada, Reno. University Archives Repository

Contact:
Mathewson-IGT Knowledge Center
1664 N. Virginia St.
University of Nevada, Reno
Reno NV 89557-0322 USA
775-682-5665
775-682-5724 (Fax)