Skip to main content

Meeting minutes of the faculty

 Collection
Identifier: AC 0101
The collection contains minutes, resolutions, student petitions, reports and correspondence.

Dates

  • 1917-1969

Creator

Restrictions

Collection is open for research. Materials used on-site; advance notice suggested. Access to parts of collection may be restricted under provisions of state or federal law.

Extent

1.5 Cubic Feet (3 boxes)

Abstract

The collection contains minutes, resolutions, student petitions, reports and correspondence.

Administrative Note

Beginning as the University Senate in 1917, selected faculty members met to discuss student petitions and applications, course descriptions and catalog changes, to assign committee memberships, and to hear committee reports. In December 1913, President Walter E. Clark suggested a reorganization which resulted in opening the meetings to all instructors. The named changed from University Senate to University Faculty, then General Faculty, as the meetings continued until 1952, when President Minard Stout was appointed president. After a hiatus, meetings resumed in 1955 as the Faculty Forum, providing an opportunity for all faculty to exchange ideas concerning professional and university matters. In 1958, when a reorganization was suggested, the Faculty Forum was disbanded, to emerge in 1959, as regular meetings of the General Faculty were again held. These continued until May 1963, after which special meetings of the faculty were called in 1964, 1967-1969.

Arrangement

Arranged in chronological order.
Title
An Inventory to the Meeting minutes of the faculty
Status
completed
Author
Betty Glass
Date
February 9, 2009
Description rules
dacs

Repository Details

Part of the University of Nevada, Reno. University Archives Repository

Contact:
Mathewson-IGT Knowledge Center
1664 N. Virginia St.
University of Nevada, Reno
Reno NV 89557-0322 USA
775-682-5665
775-682-5724 (Fax)