Focus on Education
Identifier: AC 0104
Scope and Contents
The Focus on Education is contained on two VHS tapes and feature the University of Nevada, Reno. One segment focuses on experiments being conducted at the university, and the other on the School of Medical and Health Sciences.
- McClatchy Broadcasting Corporation (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open for research. Materials must be used on-site; advance notice suggested. Access to parts of this collection may be restricted under provisions of state or federal law.
Conditions Governing Use
Permission to broadcast or copy must be obtained from McClatchy Broadcasting.
"Focus on Education" was produced in 1972 by the Education Department of the McClatchy Broadcasting Corporation, hosted by Stan Pierson, and shown on television station KOVR, Sacramento, California.
0.5 Linear Feet (2 cassettes)
Language of Materials
"Focus on Education," produced in 1972 by the Education Department of the McClatchy Broadcasting Corporation, hosted by Stan Pierson, and shown on television station KOVR, Sacramento, California, features the University of Nevada, Reno.
Arranged without hierarchy.
In 1991, the tapes were transferred to videocassette at a local television station when it was discovered that the University no longer had the equipment to run the tapes. In 1999, the original tapes were given to the Sacramento Archives and Museum, Collection Center, to add to the McClatchy Collection.
- Blascovitch, James J. (Creator)
- Broten, George A. (Creator)
- Ginsburg, G. P. (Gerald Phillip), 1932- (Creator)
- Manning, Lindley (Creator)
- Ryall, Alan S. (Creator)
- Schneider, Richard (Creator)
- Smith, George T. (George Theodore) (Creator)
- University of Nevada, Reno. School of Medical Sciences
- Video recordings -- VHS
- Guide to the Focus on Education
- Betty Glass
- August 17, 2012
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script