Showing Collections: 91 - 100 of 100
Copies of Teresa Urrutia’s work about Basque grammar, a notebook, school writing to learn Basque and a cassette.
Letters, war and aviation journals, photocopies of information about different planes and pilots, various links for historians and prototype makers, information about modelling airplanes and box containing pieces for creating a Ju-52/3m multi-role bomber airplane.
Papers related to the history of the Cheverie or Detcheverry family in Canada.
The collection is composed of photocopies of the California Range Association [name changed to Western Range Association in 1960] Bulletin and the Western Range Association Reports of the Employment Status of Contract Sheepherders. It also includes six microfilm rolls containing information about the Taylor Grazing Act, the Western Range Association and Guerra de Vascos y Vizcainos.
Thomas J. Whitby (1919-2003) while in the U.S. Army was posted to the Biarritz American University at the end of World War II to study foreign languages. While there he became very fond of Basque culture. The collection contains a number of photographs he took of Basque life during his stay and a booklet featuring photographs and artwork of Biarritz and Basque Culture.
William A. Douglass’ correspondence and works. Big part of the correspondence is about Basque Studies Library. It also includes copies of articles, some of which are written by Douglass, a cassette, drafts of works done in Etxalar and Aulestia and copies about some studies about Hemingway. There are also 12 big boxes full of books.
BSQAP 0101 1985
Transcriptions of interviews done by Wiliam A. Douglass to Beltran Paris, a Basque shepherd. These interviews were the basis for Douglass' book Beltran, Basque sheepman of the American West, published in 1979.
Tapes were transcribed by Normal Silver.
Various speeches and lectures written by William H. Jacobsen regarding Vizcayan Basque Vowel Harmony, Tonal Accent and Basque Language origin theories, English translation and adaptation of Juan Oñatibia’s Introductory Basque Grammar, correspondence and notes.
Documentation and photos of the Basque dance group, Zenbat Gara, of the university of Nevada, Reno.
- Basques -- Nevada 26
- Basque Americans -- Nevada 23
- Basques -- California 11
- Oral histories 3
- Tree carving, Basque -- Nevada 3
- Art, Basque -- Nevada 2
- Clippings 2
- Tree carving, Basque -- California 2
- Basque Americans -- Biography 1
- Casinos -- Nevada 1
- Casinos -- Tahoe, Lake, Region (Calif. and Nev.) 1
- Interviews 1
- Nevada -- History 1
- Personal correspondence 1
- Photographs 1
- Sheep ranchers -- Nevada 1
- Women -- Interviews 1 ∧ less
- English 67
- Spanish; Castilian 24
- Basque 9
- French 4
- No linguistic content; Not applicable 1
- Aguirre y Lecube, José Antonio de, 1904-1960 1
- Ajuriaguerra, Juan de, 1903-1973 1
- Alberro Picavea, Agustín, 1898-1967 1
- Bilbao, Jon 1
- Brow, Ellen 1
- Douglass, William A 1
- Errea, Joan 1
- Etchart, Collette 1
- Galíndez, Jesús de, 1915-1956 1
- Garate, Donald T., 1950- 1
- Gortazar y Manso de Velasco, Javier, 1878-1977 1
- Henningsen, Gustav 1
- Irala, Antonio de 1
- Irujo Ollo, Andrés, 1907-1993 1
- Irujo, Manuel de, 1891-1981 1
- Ituarte, Prudencio 1
- Jackobs, Steven C 1
- Jacobsen, William H. 1
- Landaburu, Francisco J. de 1
- Lasarte, José Maria 1
- Laxalt, Paul 1
- Laxalt, Robert, 1923-2001 1
- Legarreta, Dorothy, 1926 - 1988 1
- Leizaola, Jesús María de, 1896- 1
- Meaker, Reginald, 1877-1982 1
- Mendizabal, Alex 1
- Mitchell, Marty 1
- Monzón, Telesforo, 1904-1981 1
- Rezola Arratibel, José de, 1900-1971 1
- Smith, Jennifer Rochelle 1
- Sota, Manuel de la 1
- Uhalde, Raymond 1
- University of Nevada, Reno. Center for Basque Studies 1
- Whitby, Michael L. 1
- Whitby, Thomas J. 1
- Zarrabeitia, Luis 1 ∧ less