Showing Collections: 11 - 20 of 100
List of articles about agriculture written by Bernardo de Mesanza and a list of other articles written by himself.It also includes several newspapers from Bilbao from the late 1960s and 1970s.
Jon Bilbao was a university instructor, a bibliographer, and an activist for Basque nationalism. The collection contains his correspondence with several members of the Basque Government and Partido Nacionalista Vasco (PNV). Also included are materials related to his reference work Eusko Bibliographia, including its card catalog.
Scrapbook life story of Louis Aphecetche made by his wife Blanche Morton-Aphecetche. It also includes a clipping from June 2010 of the magazine FAN (friends and neighbors) about Blache Morton-Aphecetche's genealogical work.
Typewritten originals of “Historia de la pelota vasca en las Américas” edited by Carmelo Urza and several books.
Five video files created from the digitization of silent Super 8 of raw footage from the Elko Basque Festival 1979. The videos contain images of the sports demostrations like weight lifting (harrijasotzaileak and txinga-eramatea), tug of war (sokatira), Basque ball (pelota) and aizkolariak; dances and dancers; audience; the bread contest and the luncheon.
Documentation, clippings, news articles, papers, letters and correspondence regarding the Basque Festival in Sparks, the Basque Monument in Reno, the Basques in the Contemporary World Seminar, in Reno, and other Basque issues. It also includes several different newspapers.
Various phamplets and programs published by the Center for the Basque Studies of the University of Nevada, Reno. There is also a copy of the Northen Nevada Diversity Summit program from the 2017.
Documentation and biographical material about Jean Pon, the grandfather of Claudette Meier
Photocopies of genealogical information about Courtright, Morris and other families.
Correspondence of Dominique Laxalt, mostly from family members from Iparralde (Northen Basque Country). Among them, an "Americanismo Medal".
- Basques -- Nevada 26
- Basque Americans -- Nevada 23
- Basques -- California 11
- Oral histories 3
- Tree carving, Basque -- Nevada 3
- Art, Basque -- Nevada 2
- Tree carving, Basque -- California 2
- Basque Americans -- Biography 1
- Casinos -- Nevada 1
- Casinos -- Tahoe, Lake (Calif. and Nev.) 1
- Clippings 1
- Interviews 1
- Nevada -- History 1
- Personal correspondence 1
- Photographs 1
- Sheep ranchers -- Nevada 1
- Women -- Interviews 1 ∧ less
- English 67
- Spanish; Castilian 24
- Basque 9
- French 4
- No linguistic content; Not applicable 1
- Aguirre y Lecube, José Antonio de, 1904-1960 1
- Ajuriagerra, Juan, 1903-1973 1
- Alberro Picavea, Agustín, 1898-1967 1
- Bilbao, Jon 1
- Brow, Ellen 1
- Douglass, William A 1
- Errea, Joan 1
- Etchart, Collette 1
- Galíndez, Jesús de, 1915-1956 1
- Garate, Donald T., 1950- 1
- Gortazar y Manso de Velasco, Javier, 1878-1977 1
- Henningsen, Gustav 1
- Irala, Antonio de 1
- Irujo Ollo, Andrés, 1907-1993 1
- Irujo, Manuel de, 1891-1981 1
- Ituarte, Prudencio 1
- Jackobs, Steven C 1
- Jacobsen, William H. 1
- Landaburu, Francisco J. de 1
- Lasarte, José Maria 1
- Laxalt, Paul 1
- Laxalt, Robert, 1923-2001 1
- Legarreta, Dorothy, 1926 - 1988 1
- Leizaola, Jesús María de, 1896- 1
- Meaker, Reginald, 1877-1982 1
- Mendizabal, Alex 1
- Mitchell, Marty 1
- Monzón, Telesforo, 1904-1981 1
- North American Basque Organizations 1
- Rezola Arratibel, José de, 1900-1971 1
- Smith, Jennifer Rochelle 1
- Sota, Manuel de la 1
- Uhalde, Raymond 1
- University of Nevada, Reno. Center for Basque Studies 1
- Whitby, Michael L. 1
- Whitby, Thomas J. 1
- Zarrabeitia, Luis 1 ∧ less