Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 11
Abstract Lawyer, businessman, and Nevada State Assemblyman, of Carson City, Nevada. Collection contains correspondence, legal cases, and papers connected with Coffin's political activity in Nevada (1892-1898) as a member of the Republican State Central Committee and supporter of the Free Silver ticket. The correspondence relates to cases in which Coffin or his legal firm participated, to his business interests in irrigation enterprises, and to the personal affairs of Coffin and his family.
Abstract Political party election tickets listing candidates for national and Nevada offices.,Included are the Union ticket, 1864; National Union Democratic State and Union State tickets, 1866; Union Republican ticket, 1872; county convention in Virginia City, 1878; Silver Party convention, 1898; and Reno precinct list, n.d.
Abstract Covers Paul Laxalt's career as a U. S. Senator from Nevada from 1974 until his resignation effective January 3, 1987. Files are comprised of materials retained from offices in Carson City, Reno, Las Vegas, and Washington, D.C. The initial group currently available consists of materials retained from Senator Laxalt's time as the chair for Ronald Reagan's presidential campaigns in 1976, 1980, and 1984. The collection includes correspondence, speeches, schedules, legislative work on bills and...
Abstract Primarily correspondence and diaries relating to all aspects of Miller's career and interests. Includes letters from many state and national leaders.
Abstract Report of organizing committee which details purpose, membership, and declarations of principles.,Principles condemn President Grover Cleveland (in his second term of office), advocate trade protectionism, and the remonetization of silver.
Abstract Clippings about the Nevada Republican convention of 1894, list of delegates, letter to the committee from chair Trenmore Coffin (1896), and an article about the Corbett-Fitzsimmons boxing match of 1897.
Abstract Papers relating to Russell's career in newspapers; Republican politics; office of Nevada State Treasurer; his involvement with the Daughters of Damon, Knights Templar, Mystic Circle of Service, and Masons; and his membership in the United Spanish War Veterans, Department of Nevada (from the Spanish American War).,Correspondents include Nevada Governor Fred Balzar, Paul Laxalt, U.S. Senator Pat McCarran, Edward C. Peterson, Judge Clark Guild, William Randolph Hearst, and many others.
Abstract Scrapbook of newspaper clippings from local and national newspapers regarding James Baird Weaver, the People's Party and Republican Party national conventions of 1892, the Silver Party platform and ticket, and results of elections in Nevada in the 1890s.,The scrapbook partially fills what was originally a register of actions for the First and Third Judicial Districts, Utah Territory, 1872; and various judicial districts of Nevada, 1872-1878, with index.
Abstract Broadside advertising an excursion train from Reno to Virginia City to a "great Republican meeting," and an invoice for printing from the Reno evening gazette.
Overview The Vanderleith family were residents of Carson City, Nevada. The "Crazy" book is a scrapbook of programs and momentos of social events in Carson City in the 1890s and political campaigns (Republican and Silver parties) from 1888-1907, compiled by Edward and Emma.
- Names: Republican Party (U.S. : 1854- ) X
- Nevada -- Politics and government 7
- Silver question 3
- Politicians -- Nevada 2
- Breast -- Cancer 1
- Broadsides 1
- Carson City (Nev.) 1
- Clubs -- Nevada -- Carson City 1
- Conservatism—United States—History—20th century 1
- Corbett-Fitzsimmons fight 1
- Delaware -- Politics and government 1
- Elko daily free press 1
- Elko independent 1
- Health care reform -- United States 1
- Indians of North America -- Gambling 1
- Irrigation -- Nevada 1
- Military bases -- Nevada 1
- Nevada 1
- Nevada -- Politics and government -- 20th century 1
- Parks -- Nevada 1
- Political parties -- United States -- History -- 20th century 1
- Politicians -- California 1
- Presidential candidates—United States—History 1
- Presidents -- United States -- Correspondence 1
- Radioactive waste disposal -- Nevada 1
- Silver question -- Nevada 1
- Spanish-American War, 1898 1
- United States -- Politics and government 1
- United States -- Politics and government -- 1901-1953 1
- United States -- Politics and government -- 20th century 1
- Veterans -- United States 1
- Women -- Political activity -- Nevada 1
- Women -- Political activity -- United States 1
- Yucca Mountain Nuclear Waste Repository Site 1 ∧ less