Showing Collections: 1 - 6 of 6
Identifier: AC 0477
Overview The Board of Regents was established by the Nevada State Constitution in 1864 with the first Board created in 1865. The Board is responsible for the governance of the institutions comprising the Nevada System of Higher Education. Records consist of agendas, minutes, and materials submitted during Board meetings and used by the secretary of the Board to prepare the final minutes, including Nevada System of Higher Education budget reports.
Identifier: AC 0453
Overview The University of Nevada, Reno Foundation, which began operations in late 1980 and was incorporated in May 1981, attracts private financial support and manages assets for the maximum benefit of the university. The Foundation is governed by a Board of Trustees comprised of alumni, community leaders, business leaders and other friends of the university, and is a 501(c)3 organization. The collection contains records of the principle fundraising organization of the University of Nevada, Reno,...
Identifier: AC 0554
Overview Dr. Milton D. Glick was born in Memphis, Tennessee, on July 30, 1937. He obtained his doctorate degree in chemistry at the University of Wisconsin in Madison and married Peggy Porter in 1965. Dr. Glick joined the chemistry faculty at Wayne State University in Detroit, where he eventually became Chair of the Department of Chemistry and published 99 research articles. The Records of the President of the University of Nevada, Reno, Milton D. Glick, include bylaws, capital improvement studies,...
Identifier: AC 0294
Abstract The Alumni Association was organized in 1894/95, and encourages the relationship between the university and alumni to promote the welfare of the institution. In May 1984, the Alumni Association, with the University of Nevada, Reno Foundation, sponsored the first graduation gift luncheon, which features a comedian as the featured speaker. Invitations, tickets, programs, press clippings, scripts, 1984-1991. Includes videotapes of presentations by Dom DeLuise, 1984; Tony Orlando, 1985; Rich...
Identifier: AC 0556
Overview John Mark Lilley was born on March 24, 1939, in Converse, Louisiana, the son of a Baptist minister. He graduated from Baylor University in 1964 with bachelor's degrees in music education and church music and a master's degree in music. He then worked at the University of Southern California and entered its doctoral program. He taught at The Claremont Colleges from 1966-1976, completing his Ph.D. in music from USC in 1971. John M. Lilley served as the fourteenth president of the University of...
Identifier: AC 0250
Abstract Collection includes proposals, reports and correspondence.These records, 1976-1986, are from the tenure of Dr. &chard E. Dankworth as Director of Extended Programs and Continuing Education, 1976- 1978; Vice President for University Services, 1978-1980; Vice President for Public Affairs, 1980-1984; and Vice President for University Advancement, 1984-1986.Records document development of the [Lawlor] Special Events Center, the University of Nevada-Reno Foundation (which is...
- Names: University of Nevada, Reno Foundation X
- College sports -- Nevada 2
- Educational fund raising -- Nevada 2
- Truckee River (Calif. and Nev.) -- Water diversion 2
- Universities and colleges -- Administration 2
- Universities and colleges -- Nevada -- Reno -- Administration 2
- Athletics -- Nevada 1
- Education, Higher -- Nevada 1
- Engineering -- Study and teaching -- Nevada 1
- Fund raising -- Nevada 1
- Higher education and state -- Nevada 1
- Lobbying -- Law and legislation -- Nevada 1
- National Collegiate Athletic Association 1
- Reno (Nev.) -- Politics and government 1
- Teachers -- Training of -- Nevada 1
- Universities and colleges -- Nevada -- Faculty 1
- Universities and colleges -- Nevada -- Finance 1
- Universities and colleges -- Nevada -- Reno -- Employees 1
- Universities and colleges -- Nevada -- Reno -- Faculty 1
- Universities and colleges -- Social aspects -- Nevada -- Reno 1
- Walker River (Nev.) 1
- Washoe County (Nev.) 1
- Yucca Mountain Nuclear Waste Repository Site 1 ∧ less