Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 26
Identifier: AC 0314
Overview Collection consists of flyers and brochures announcing exhibits at the Sheppard Fine Arts Gallery, undated-1989, and Art Department bulletins and newsletters, 1963-1990. Newsletters include: Art Forum, 1963-1967; Contact, 1967-1977; News from the Art Club, 1981-1983; and Preview, 1976-1990. Among the exhibit items is a description of the inaugural exhibition in the Church Fine Arts Building, with a foreword by J. Craig Sheppard, artist and Chair of the Department of Art.
Abstract Registry lists all artists and craftsmen in northeastern Nevada, both amateur and professional and was created to serve as an information and resource clearing house.
Abstract Included are a resume; autobiography which includes sections on Virginia City and Carson City, Nevada, in the 1940s, and the Nevada State Museum.
Abstract Included is correspondence to Prudence, samples of her original floral watercolor greeting cards, lyrics for music she played, address book, appointment calendar which served as her diary, and obituary notices.,Also included are correspondence and photographs from her sons, Oscar and Samuel Ford.
Collection — Box: 1
Identifier: AC 0533
Abstract The Gallery South records consist of marketing material for exhibits.
Abstract Included are membership rolls and records of receipts and disbursements, a history of the club which covers 1916-1974, and undated meeting minutes.
Abstract Founded in 1921 by watercolor students of Lorenzo Latimer, the Latimer Art Club was the first art club in the state of Nevada. It is dedicated to the promotion and dissemination of fine arts in Nevada. Collection consists of club history materials, information on Lorenzo Latimer, and minutes and yearly records from 1921-2006.
Overview Lyle Hardin was an artist and ranchhand well-known for his art depicting cowboys and the American West. Collection contains one unbound copy of The Life and Times of Cowboy Artist Lyle Hardin, 1911-1980 written by Barbara J. Jeffries.
Abstract About 100 pencil, water color, and pen and ink sketches of Nevada scenes, titled, dated and signed. Sketches depict the artist's living quarters, also mining locations and the area in and around Eureka, Nevada and the southeastern section of Nevada. The three books were apparently a gift from the artist to Elizabeth C. Parker.
- Subject: Artists -- Nevada X
- University of Nevada, Reno. Special Collections Department 18
- University of Nevada, Reno. University Archives 8
- University of Nevada, Reno. Department of Art 5
- McCormick, James C. (James Calvin) 4
- Sheppard Fine Art Gallery 3
- Sheppard, Craig 3
- University of Nevada, Reno. School of the Arts 3
- Caples, Robert Cole 2
- De Longchamps, Joanne 2
- Latimer Art Club 2
- Latimer, Lorenzo Palmer 2
- Shafton, Anthony 2
- Sheppard, Yolande Jacobson 2
- Calhoun, James W. 1
- Calhoun, Thelma E. 1
- Clark, Walter Van Tilburg 1
- Cooper, Audrey ((Artist)) 1
- De Longchamps, Dare, 1949-1976 1
- De Longchamps, Galen 1
- Dial Club (University of Nevada, Reno) 1
- Elko Area Council on the Arts 1
- Ford, Oscar ((Of Carson City, Nev.)) 1
- Ford, Prudence Moon 1
- Ford, Samuel 1
- Haigh, Audrey 1
- Hardin, Lyle 1
- Hawkins, Frances ((Artist)) 1
- Hulse, James W. 1
- Jeffries, Barbara J. 1
- Long, Walter S. (Walter Sully) 1
- Martinez, Edward 1
- Mathewson, Mel 1
- McNamara, Walter 1
- Nabors, Carol 1
- Natches, Gilbert 1
- Nevada Art Gallery (Reno, Nev.) 1
- Nevada Art Gallery (Reno, Nev.)--History 1
- Nevada Artists' Association 1
- Nevada State Museum 1
- Olympic Winter Games (8th : 1960 : Squaw Valley, Calif.) 1
- Pallesen, Carol 1
- Reno Art Gallery 1
- Rosenberg, Howard 1
- Sheppard Contemporary 1
- Terlizzi, Loretta 1
- Twain, Mark 1
- Unitarian Universalist Fellowship of Northern Nevada 1
- University of Nevada 1
- University of Nevada, Reno. Department of Speech and Theatre 1
- Walker-Wassuk Arts Alliance, Inc 1
- Walters, Larry A. 1
- Walton, Richard Guy 1
- Washoe Pines Ranch (Nev.) 1 ∧ less