Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 12
Abstract Chiefly receipts and bills concerning John and Rufus Adams' ranching, stockraising, hotel, and brickmaking enterprises in Genoa and Carson Valley, Nevada.,Also included are some correspondence and Adams family genealogical research.
Abstract Includes reports on Nevada agricultural economics and management, including topics dealing with range and forest management in Nevada and northeastern California flood control irrigation the Carson, Truckee, Muddy, and Colorado Rivers grazing, the state Planning Board Water Facilities Act and the Purnell Act.
Abstract Certificates recording water appropriated by Settlemeyer list source of water, name of ditch for transporting the water, description of the land to be irrigated, and priority number.
Abstract Interview conducted by Grace Dangberg describes early life on the Fay Ranch in the Carson Valley, school in Fairview, Nevada, and Indians of Carson Valley.
Abstract Copy of typescript of a portion of Conover's journal beginning when he settled in Provo.,Conover describes his early farming efforts; battles with Indians; travel along the Humboldt River to the Carson Valley in Nevada and to the Sierra Nevada Mountains; mining in Bannock, Montana; and his settlement in Spanish Fork, Utah.
Abstract Includes legal materials, correspondence, property records, account ledgers, minutes, bylaws, financial documents, reports and stock certificates for businesses owned or managed by Dressler.
Overview Construction on the Kingsbury-McDonald Toll Road, which would eventually link the Carson Valley, Nevada to Placerville, California via Lake Valley (Lake Tahoe), began in late 1859 or early 1860. Collection contains 16 documents regarding the land acquisition and construction of the route.
Abstract Land patent issued to Irvine for land in the Carson Valley.
Abstract Land patent for land in the Carson Valley issued to Tillman and contracts for sale of that land to him.
Abstract Deeds in which Tucke and his wife Nicoline acquired the land and water of the Laverony Ranch in the Carson Valley.
- Subject: Carson River Valley (Nev.) X
- Adams, John Quincy 1
- Adams, Rufus 1
- Allen, E. W. (Edward W.) 1
- American National Red Cross. Carson City Chapter (Carson City, Nev.) 1
- Boy Scouts of America. Troop no. 1 (Carson City, Nev.) 1
- Clawson, Marion 1
- Cohn, Isador 1
- Colorado River Commission of Nevada 1
- Conover, Peter Wilson 1
- Dangberg Land and Livestock Company 1
- Dangberg, Grace 1
- Dodson, W. R. (William Rufus) 1
- Dressler, Fred 1
- Dressler, William F. 1
- Fay, Ernest Wilber 1
- Fox, Henry G. 1
- Godecky, Henry 1
- Hardman, George 1
- Holabird Western Americana Collections, LLC 1
- Irvine, Thomas ((Rancher)) 1
- King and Malone Engineers 1
- Livingston, Penn (Penn Poore) 1
- Max C. Fleischmann College of Agriculture. Agricultural Experiment Station 1
- Nevada. Moapa Soil Conservation District 1
- Nevada. State Planning Board 1
- O'Banion, John W. 1
- Plymouth Land and Stock Company 1
- Roth, Arthur H. 1
- Roumage, Fred W. 1
- Schooley, H. N. 1
- Settlemeyer, H. William 1
- Shamberger, Hugh A. 1
- Simpson, George S. 1
- Smith Valley Creamery 1
- Tillman, Theodor 1
- Tucke, John G. 1
- Tucke, Nicoline 1
- United States. Bureau of Agricultural Economics 1
- United States. Forest Service 1
- Virginia Ranch Land and Cattle Company 1
- West Walker Ditch Company 1
- Western Cattle Marketing Association 1
- Wood, Garland 1
- Yparraguirre Brothers (Firm) 1 ∧ less