Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 13
Abstract Unpublished manuscript, informally known as the Schrader report, on the geology of the Carson Sink region of Nevada (Churchill and Pershing Counties), prepared from field work undertaken between 1911-1921.
Abstract The collection documents Davis' professional career through materials related to his research projects, articles and other writings, professional associations, field notes and research data, and professional correspondence. Topics in the professional papers include archaeological geology, volcanic ash studies, and Quaternary stratigraphy. Davis' personal life is represented by personal correspondence both to and from Davis and an interesting group of materials related to his involvement as a...
Abstract Correspondence and other business records detailing activities and members of the Society.
A Brief Description of the Geology and Ore Deposits of Sod House and French Canyons, Cortez Mountains, Eureka County, Nevada
Abstract Report on copper and iron ore mining in Sod House Canyon and French Canyon, accompanied by a copper assay made at the Mexican Gold and Silver Company for Mr. Eichberg.
Abstract Correspondence, field notes, subject files, geologic reports, printed materials, maps, photographs related to Gianella's research in Nevada geology and earthquakes, his work at the Mackay School of Mines, and to routes of John C. Fremont and other early explorers of Nevada.
Abstract Includes reports by Jones on geology of various mines; correspondence, field notes, and brochures related to his activities as a consultant; one letter from his daughter Dorothy; and a membership certificate.
Identifier: AC 0074
Abstract This collection consists of general correspondence with other geologists and graduate students concerning geologic formations; a 1942 report on Vlightburg Hill, Rondout, New York; a 1954 report on Eagle Springs, Nye County, Nevada; manuscript and notes on Mackay School of Mines: reminiscences on the growth of a college; and two copies of Across the cordillera: genesis of a geosyncline, a 16mm, 29 minute, color film on the geology of the Basin Range province of the Great Basin region.
Abstract Research papers on Nevada, written in preparation of the publication by the same title. These papers included research which was rewritten or omitted from the published edition.
Identifier: NUB 47/08
Abstract The collection consists of publications from the Nevada Bureau of Mines and Geology including Open-File Reports, Special Publications, Educational Series publications, maps, Field Studies Maps, statistical reports, and database printouts.
- Subject: Geology -- Nevada X
- University of Nevada, Reno. Special Collections Department 9
- University of Nevada, Reno. University Archives 3
- University of Nevada, Reno. DeLaMare Science & Engineering Library 1
- Mackay School of Mines 2
- Copper Canyon Mining Company 1
- Cortez Oil Corporation 1
- Davis, Beth Ogden 1
- Davis, E. Mott 1
- Davis, Jonathan O. (Jonathan Ogden) 1
- Eastern Nevada Geological Society 1
- Frémont, John Charles 1
- Genoa-Comstock Mining Company 1
- Gianella, Vincent Paul 1
- Hilltop Nevada Mining Company 1
- Hy-Silver Mining Company 1
- Jack Taylor and Associates 1
- Jones, J. Claude 1
- Larson, E. R. (Edward Richard) 1
- Lugaski, Thomas Peter 1
- Marold, R. Z. 1
- Nevada Bureau of Mines and Geology 1
- Nevada Rand Mines Company 1
- Newman, Linda P. 1
- Ogden family 1
- Russell, Israel C. (Israel Cook) 1
- Schrader, Frank C. (Frank Charles) 1
- Students for a Democratic Society (U.S) 1
- Travertine Company 1
- United States. Work Projects Administration. Federal Writers' Project (Nev.) 1
- University of Nevada System. Desert Research Institute 1
- University of Nevada, Reno. Library 1
- University of Texas at Austin. Anthropology Dept 1
- Writers' Program (Nev.) 1 ∧ less