Showing Collections: 1 - 2 of 2
Russell G. Benedict was a Nevada civil rights activist. Collection contains paper from 1965 prepared for the Civil Liberties Committee, Western States Democratic Conference which considers the Nevada population by race, the status of blacks in Las Vegas, the Equal Rights Commission, civil rights legislation, human rights conferences, and political morality.
The collection contains administrative records such as minutes, financial documents, and membership rolls for The National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP) Reno-Sparks Branch and The Society to Underwrite Racial Equality (SURE). In addition the series documents the status of racial discrimination in the Reno-Sparks area through the varied surveys and reports and materials from the national NAACP organization (1951-1965).
- Names: Benedict, Russell G. X
- Civil rights -- Nevada 1
- Civil rights -- Nevada -- History 1
- Minorities -- Nevada 1
- Nevada -- History 1
- Race discrimination -- California 1
- Race discrimination -- Nevada 1 ∧ less
- Bailey, William, 1903- 1
- Colley, Nathaniel Sextus, 1918- 1
- National Association for the Advancement of Colored People 1
- National Association for the Advancement of Colored People. Reno-Sparks Branch 1
- National Association for the Advancement of Colored People. West Coast Region 1