Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
Includes materials by or about Sam Davis and his family, the Corbett-Fitzsimmons boxing match, Thomas Fitch, Thomas P. Brown, Henry R. Mighels, Robert O'Brien, Theodore Winters, Lake Tahoe, and the Western States Exploration Company.,Microfilm contains materials from family scrapbook.
Charles Paul Keyser, born in Elko, Nevada, graduated from the University of Nevada in 1899. The collection contains a transcription of the interview with James W. Hulse; a copy of a lecture by professor of English Thomas Cowgill, 1898; a letter he wrote to J.E. Church, 1953; and copies of the Yeates and Keyser family history and genealogy.
Thomas Pollok Brown was a publicity manager for the Western Pacific Railroad Company. Includes a travelog describing the route of the Western Pacific Railroad Company, map of the railroad's route across California, Nevada, and Utah, profile maps of the route from Oakland, California, to Salt Lake City, Utah, and the extension from Keddie to Bieber, California; and a poem, "The Feather River Canyon" by WPRR employee William Wikander (1940).
The Western Pacific Railroad Company; some outstanding points as to its early history, location surveys ...
Thomas P. Brown was the publicity manager of the Western Pacific Railroad Company. Collection contains speech from July 20, 1939 before the Pacific Railway Club on Treasure Island, San Francisco, California, details the railroad's route, double track system in Nevada, elevational changes, early company history, predecessor companies, and railroad construction.
- Names: Brown, Thomas P. (Thomas Pollok) X
- University of Nevada, Reno. Special Collections Department 3
- University of Nevada, Reno. University Archives 1
- Railroads -- Nevada 2
- Corbett-Fitzsimmons fight 1
- Feather River Region (Calif.) 1
- Railroads -- California 1
- Railroads -- Utah 1
- Western Pacific Railroad Company 2
- Boyle, Emmet Derby 1
- Church, James Edward, Jr., 1869-1959 1
- Clapp, Hannah Keziah, 1824-1908 1
- Cowgill, Thomas 1
- Crowell, Lucy Davis, 1881-1978 1
- Davis, Nellie Verrill Mighels 1
- Davis, Robert P. 1
- Davis, Sam P. (Sam Post) 1
- Fitch, Thomas, 1838-1923 1
- Hillman, Fred H. 1
- Hulse, James W. 1
- Kaiser family 1
- Keyser, Charles Paul, 1878- 1
- Lamb, Walter 1
- Martin, Anne 1
- Mighels, Henry R. (Henry Rust), 1830-1879 1
- Mighels, Roy R., 1872-1960 1
- Miller, Walter McNab 1
- O'Brien, Robert 1
- Sessions, D. R. 1
- Stubbs, Joseph Edward, 1850-1914 1
- University of Nevada 1
- Western States Exploration Company 1
- Wikender, William 1
- Winters, Theodore 1
- Yates family 1 ∧ less