Showing Collections: 1 - 2 of 2
This collection contains materials relating to the UNR memorial service held for former Professor Harry Michael Chase, Jr. (April 11, 1924-August 12, 1996), who served for 25 years as a member of the political science faculty at the University of Nevada, Reno, in September 1996. Collection includes one videorecording and a memorial program listing speakers at the service.
The John W. Mackay statue and the Mackay School of Mines building, were originally dedicated on June 10, 1908 in honor of John W. Mackay by his wife and his son, Marie Louise Mackay and Clarence Hungerford Mackay. Originally dedicated on June 10, 1908, the John Mackay Statue was rededicated by the Mackay School of Mines on April 25, 1996. The collection contains materials created for the rededication ceremony.