Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
Identifier: AC 0259
Abstract Records contain manuscripts and drafts, data, correspondence, transcribed interviews, and reports developed for bureau publications, including the Newsletter, edited by Elmer Rusco. Interviews include state senators Carl Dodge and Coe Swobe for the newsletter; and Margaret Badie, Dolores Feemster, Samuel Gibson, Howard Gloyd, Julia Hamlet, William Hunt, Ernest Mullins, Esterline Nelson, Alice Smith, William C. Webb, Joseph Williams, and Ullyses S. Woodward for Voices of Black Nevada, 1971. ...
Identifier: AC 0295
Abstract The first honorary degree was awarded in 1888, to Hannah K. Clapp. In the minutes of the Board of Regents, Aug. 15, 1888, is recorded that "Upon Resolution it was ordered that the degree of M.A. be conferred upon Professor Hannah K. Clapp by the Board of Regents." This collection contains files on honorary degree and distinguished Nevada recipients, 1937-1969. The information includes brief biographical sketches of the recipients, correspondence, and photographs.
Abstract Graph and charts compiled from U.S. census data on the populations of Blacks, Native Americans and caucasians in Nevada. The collection contains material from August 1965 created by Hazel Gaudet Erskine.
Dates: August 1965
- Names: Erskine, Hazel Gaudet X
- University of Nevada, Reno. University Archives 2
- University of Nevada, Reno. Special Collections Department 1
- African Americans -- History -- Nevada 2
- Nevada -- Politics and government 2
- Nevada -- Race relations 2
- Public welfare -- Law and legislation -- Nevada 2
- African Americans -- Nevada 1
- Indians of North America -- Nevada 1 ∧ less